Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

Helicopters, what do you think?

Really good both, I fly them with a Microsoft gamepad, and perfect, both. the gimbal is an agile funny naughty girl, more like the AirlandFS H125, excellent both and very similar, and the exquisite 407 more like the gorgeous HPG H145 in flight dynamics. Excellent, I am very happy.

The council of wise men has met, and they have decided that FS20 is not more considered a beta version, congratulations, good job, continue improving.

• Like 1

I had a brief flight with the 407, and quite enjoyed it. This is unusual for me and sim helicopters, but with the assistance options on, I managed quite well. Another facet of this wonderful simulator to explore.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

3 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

Both of these two helicopters require left pedal to keep straight on lift off. You must have control setup issues. Both of them work fine for me. I do find the Gimbal to be the best to manage.

407 should require a bit of left pedal, the Cabri a bit of right pedal on takeoff. Counter-clockwise (North American) main rotor vs clockwise (Euro)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I assigned the lateral and longitudinal rotor trim settings to joystick buttons. It really made the heli's easier to fly. It relieves the need for constant pressure on the TM1600 and allows for better control and a lot less wrist aggravation and carpal tunnel problems. I'm not sure if I read it here or the MS forums, but I highly recommend it. These may be new key bindings. I think real Helicopters have a relatively free floating cyclic.So the sticks or yokes we use don't operative that way so this artificial technique is very useful, IMO..Also we can't feel the pressures on the cyclic either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Will existing models like the H135 require an update to work correctly or can they just make use of the new physics in the sim out of the box? 

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

10 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

I fly helicopters, if the flight model was bad I would be confused by it and then crash .. if the flight model was good, then I would do what I naturally do. I took off, did all my tests, ground effect, translational lift, few other things ... it all just felt great, guys, I was impressed"
- "it's not perfect of course, it needs work ... but it is pretty freaking good"

But, but, ... it's a game! 😄

Great Work @Asobo! Thanks for giving us free updates of that scale into an already great sim!

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Again, being totally honest:

- I did turn OFF all of the Assiatnce Options;

- I liked both models ad played around with both more than with any of the other aircraft, and they are my preferred additions to MFS;

- I prefer the feel of the helis in XP. There's a feel of inherent "instability" that I do not have in MFS - too plastic for my liking...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Just now, jcomm said:

- I prefer the feel of the helis in XP.

Of course 😄

• Like 3

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

28 minutes ago, rka said:

Of course 😄

But I do enjoy both new models in MFS !

As I wrote above, although I didn't yeyt try the Spirit or the Hughes, among the various new aircraft I tried the  two helis are my preferred.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

10 minutes ago, jcomm said:

But I do enjoy both new models in MFS !

Wait, what...Enjoy both sims? Is this allowed under the T&C

Seriously though, wish everyone would be like this, especially the reddit and discord kids.. Enjoy all the good things and just fly along!:ha:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How do you start Cold & Dark from a Helipad? Every time I've loaded into one the chopper is already running 😐

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Is there a list of the new helipads? Searching on the World Map (with filter on) but cannot locate them.

• Like 1

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)