Sign in to follow this  

FSX plane issues

Guest rgarber

When I first loaded FSX I don't recall having this problem. Certain planes in the menu look like this and in the sim. But not all of them. This is a pic of the default Lear. In the sim it just floats. Sometimes in the sim the plane 737PIC, the plane will appear right but I'll see other planes have a weird anamoly around that look something like the arch in St. Louis. Is there a fix for this? Process is fX-55 and 8600 GT graphics card with 3 Gigs RAM.Richhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175405.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175406.jpg

Doesn't appear to be an issue anybody else has seen. Have you tried reinstalling FSX, or doing a repair install?

Guest rgarber

This was actually my second or third installation of FSX in which this happened and oddly, it would effect different planes. There were other issues too like when I would try to bring up certain screens, like the Flaps in 737PIC with the FSX update installed, nothing would happen. Or the cruise control wouldn't work which shouldn't have anything to do with graphics. Anyway, I just kept running into things like that and so a few days ago I uninstalled FSX and went back to using FS9. I'm a fan of FSX but I hate being frustrated over a game so using FS9 for now I thought would be my best solution.Rich Garber

>Doesn't appear to be an issue anybody else has seen. Have>you tried reinstalling FSX, or doing a repair install?It could be a result of missing textures. I've found that just one missing Fresnel_Ramp.dds file can cause this "parts explosion..."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest RWRik

Jeez thats really weird, not seen that before. It looks like someone hit the eject button and the crew and seats and windows were jettisoned from the craft.

Guest rgarber

I use XP home. Seems to happen after I install some 3rd party airplanes was the best I could figure. I took FSX off a week ago and I'll try again another day. Thanks for all your help though.Rich G

Have you been messing with the buffer pool setting in the fsx.cfg file by any chance?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest SkyDrift

I'd second Bill Leaming's comment:It could be a result of missing textures. I've found that just one missing Fresnel_Ramp.dds file can cause this "parts explosion..."Either missing textures in the aircraft's texture file, or an incorrectly configured texture.cfg file in the aircraft's texure file (resulting in FSX being unable to find required textures in other folders) can cause this effect.wrt. Rich's original comment:"other planes have a weird anamoly around that look something like the arch in St. Louis. "- this has been seen in a few older aircraft originally created for earlier builds of FS.- regards, SkyDrift

Guest rgarber

You asking me? If you are, I don't even know what that is. I'm just a casual user. Couldn't fly my way out of a paper bag if I had to. Seriously, I think this started happening after I installed some 3rd party payware. Maybe, I don't know but I'm pretty sure this wasn't like this after I installed FSX from scratch.Rich