Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

What do you think of the new aircraft?

What do you think of the new aircraft?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new aircraft?

• Love 'Em
    • Meh
    • Much Ado About Nothing

Despite any minor quibbles, I'm going to get a lot of joy out of a bagful of new aircraft that I paid nothing extra for. I can't do anything but love 'em. I feel like a kid in a candy store. Or an adult in a candy store 😆

• Like 3

I love the gliders, even though I don't know how to fly them well. It's very relaxing to just soar like a bird. I love the 40th Anniversary Edition. Thank you, Asobo!

Edited by David Mills
  • Like 6

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

So far, very happy indeed. How can you not be, with all this for free ? Obviously, we all have our personal preferences, but there is so much to try out in this update. For example, gliders are almost a separate flight sim within MSFS. It's been a very good day for the flight sim hobby. And the SWS Dash 7 imminent too!

• Like 5

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

The Beaver was worth the price alone 😁

• Like 4

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Wanted to only try the helos, got in the bell and got it up in the air and immediately saw that the Primary Attitude Indicator does not work.  Landed right then and there and have no interest in these anymore or any of the others.

Only two things interest me from Asobo - wx and ATC/AI.  All other items are best left to high level payware.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Overall; Love 'em!

The best part is they're all free, ok some have niggles and issues but hopefully they'll get sorted in the future, in the meantime there's lots & lots of fun to be had.

Meanwhile MS/Asobo need to give us better filtering options in the Aircraft Selection page as (predicted) it's become a mess with the way the UI deals with it, the two choppers not anywhere near each other, no way to 'Favourite' aircraft or 'Group' your selections etc.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I haven't tried all of them yet. Love the Beaver. Sail planes are fun, though I suck at flying them. The Spirit of St Louis is really good actually. I always disliked it back in ACOF. But in VR, it really comes alive. It's amazing Lindbergh managed to land just using that horrible little periscope.

I also noticed the water rudders actually work well on the Beaver, so they've fixed that. I hope the fix applies to the other floats/amphibs, but haven't yet had time to test.

The 310 is amazing. I have an overpowered system so I get decent frames despite the WASM issue, but when they fix it.. it’s truly a fully featured airliner for FREE! 

Very surprised at the level of detail tbh.

The Beaver, DC-3, and A310 are really top notch. High end payware material imo, but even the others are well above the standard of default aircraft.

I'm terrible at the choppers so I can't comment on them much.

The gliders are a lot of fun but I need a LOT more practice. Having something a bit different to do is very welcome.

I also grabbed the Kodiak and Spitfire in the marketplace sale, so yes, it's like an early Christmas!

Only flown the DC-3 and the Beaver. Really impressed with both. 

25 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

The 310 is amazing. I have an overpowered system so I get decent frames despite the WASM issue, but when they fix it.. it’s truly a fully featured airliner for FREE! 

What is the WASM issue again?

I have only had a little time to fly in the sim this weekend, but I got some time in the new Beaver and enjoyed it. It was actually a nice plane to fly and looks great. I also st in the DC-3 and A310 cockpits for a bit setting up my views, but I did not actually fly either one. I think both cockpits looked great and everything seemed to be performing well. 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11