Sign in to follow this  
Simmer2308

Not enough hard drive space to install...

3 hours ago, Simmer2308 said:

Thanks for the response Bob. Do you know of some things that are safe to delete there? Thanks...The reason I ask is that the next update for MSFS I will be surely screwed...LOL

there is some thread telling you can delete the offline textures..thats 60 gigs..!!

Run cleanmgr as administrator and clean everything, you will probably recover +-25Gb

spacer.png

Hi Wim<

Just in case you are going to fit a new disk:

Take care

Mick

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 TI, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

9 hours ago, wim123 said:

there is some thread telling you can delete the offline textures..thats 60 gigs..!!

Yes, this is the file fs-base-cgl. I have no use for the offline textures, since to me, operating MSFS offline is pointless in a sim that is built around the whole concept of satellite-streamed scenery. Deleting this saved almost 60 gigabytes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Simmer2308 said:

Thanks for the response Bob. Do you know of some things that are safe to delete there? Thanks...The reason I ask is that the next update for MSFS I will be surely screwed...LOL

I deleted all the aircraft, that I never fly, the lessons, tours, and everything else I have never or will never use. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I deleted all the aircraft, that I never fly, the lessons, tours, and everything else I have never or will never use. 

👍

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Hi, how did you do please to delete specific aircrafts ? and livery ?

Thank you

I spent an hour or so today deleting all the new aircraft what came with the update yesterday in the content manager, still not finished but up to now I have reclaimed about 20GB back, I have no interest whatsoever in historic aircraft including the A310 which I will never touch, I like to fly the modern Airliners 

Regards

Paul EGCC

17 minutes ago, tull said:

I spent an hour or so today deleting all the new aircraft what came with the update yesterday in the content manager, still not finished but up to now I have reclaimed about 20GB back, I have no interest whatsoever in historic aircraft including the A310 which I will never touch, I like to fly the modern Airliners 

I am with  you. I looked at a Video of an A310, and thanks, but no thanks. I'm sticking with the A 320. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 hours ago, dobee51 said:

Don't forget that you also need to have at least 150 GB on your main drive to run the sim.

On the Windows installation drive?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Edit: Double post by accident.

Edited by Republic3D
Edit: Double post by accident.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

4 hours ago, cobalt said:

Yes, this is the file fs-base-cgl. I have no use for the offline textures, since to me, operating MSFS offline is pointless in a sim that is built around the whole concept of satellite-streamed scenery. Deleting this saved almost 60 gigabytes.

But we don’t need the offline textures when we loose connectivity? I mean when our bandwidth is not up to the task.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

But we don’t need the offline textures when we loose connectivity? I mean when our bandwidth is not up to the task.

Waiting to see a response to this question...Good catch...

3 hours ago, Republic3D said:

On the Windows installation drive?

Yes, that's what I was told when I couldn't get the Sim to start. I had dipped below 150 GB. 

• Like 1