Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Cute little Easter Egg added in the update

15 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

You can play the first 4 versions of FS
Start in the DA62 and turn on the ELT. No idea if it works with the improvement mod, I don't use it, but I doubt it.

Please elaborate.  I have no idea what an ELT is or how to turn it on.  Some of us old codgers don't understand all these initials.

Thanks

Roy

2 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

Please elaborate.  I have no idea what an ELT is or how to turn it on.  Some of us old codgers don't understand all these initials.

Thanks

Roy

Emergency Locator Transmitter?

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

7 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

Thanks

Roy

It's the red button on the right side of the cabin labelled ELT.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

I have no idea what an ELT is or how to turn it on.

A screenshot of the switch:

MapeKbb.jpg

9 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

Is this the 'FS History' module in the Content Manager I wonder? 

It is! This is actually how I found out it existed. Saw that package and peaked through the files.

• Like 1

Brandon Filer

11 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Emergency Locator Transmitter?

Thanks.  Couldn't get the chirping to go off, but I tried it three times and got the broken glass screen every time. Great find.

Roy

Which version do you want to play?

i1u229.jpg

lhdqjo.jpg

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Any one of them for maybe two minutes before being shocked at just how bad it was. Memory plays curious tricks on you once you get to about 40. Things were most definitely not better back then! But thanks Asobo for reminding me. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

22 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Any one of them for maybe two minutes before being shocked at just how bad it was. Memory plays curious tricks on you once you get to about 40. Things were most definitely not better back then! But thanks Asobo for reminding me. 

People were just pleased and satisfied more easily back then!

Today we want everything to be perfect, now and for free!

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Gotta say: this anniversary update feels incredibly generous to me. I would have been happy with any of the the additions, but the entire package is incredible. This awesome Easter egg is the icing on a 12-level cake 🙂

• Like 5

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

1 hour ago, alepro21 said:

Gotta say: this anniversary update feels incredibly generous to me. I would have been happy with any of the the additions, but the entire package is incredible. This awesome Easter egg is the icing on a 12-level cake 🙂

I agree.  It is more generous that a lot of people will ever appreciate unfortunately.  I have heard people complaining about the inclusion of the Hughes H-4 spruce goose as if they paid for it, and that the helicopters are 'poorly implemented'.

While we all know MSFS isn't perfect and needs some work (which we have evidence over the last 2 years that MS / Adobo will attend to), I was taught to never look a gift horse in the mouth.  :smile:

• Like 5

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

@HiFlyer Since there’s already a two page topic on this, I merged your topic to it.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I did not try it my self yet.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

1 hour ago, FBW737 said:

Back in 1982 FS1 had an easter egg that allowed you to fly MSFS 2020

Haha that would be a mere slideshow.

🤣🤣🤣 plus the easter egg would be the most played part of the sim😂😂😂

• Like 1

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

I wonder how the MSFS 2020 emulator will look in 40 years time. 

• Like 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog