Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

MSFS is looking on wrong drive

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Didnt have this before but after the SU11 update MSFS via Microsoft Store and via the Xbox app is looking for the installation on c drive but its installed under my O: drive .

Anyone knows what to do ?

https://ibb.co/Zc93HfH

https://ibb.co/ggn30Kv

Thanks

Michael Moe

 

... and now i cant access it either because of rights

https://ibb.co/mvfjLLH

 

 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Michael Moe, can you edit the usercfg.opt file to point to the actual location?

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

@Michael Moe, can you edit the usercfg.opt file to point to the actual location?

Thanks but it seems also gone on my O drive.

I have another one installed on my c drive /appdata/local/packages etc .

There is one information at the button InstalledPackagespath "O/Michael"

 

Thanks

Michael Moe


Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

I have another one installed on my c drive /appdata/local/packages etc .

I see. That’s the default location. And per default we don’t get access to the folder where the .exe is located. I managed it once going through a lot of hoops. 

Im sorry but I’ve no idea what happened to your installation 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I see. That’s the default location. And per default we don’t get access to the folder where the .exe is located. I managed it once going through a lot of hoops. 

Im sorry but I’ve no idea what happened to your installation 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Thanks but i have no problem locating the .exe and there is also a gamelaunchhelper.exe (which is also not loading)

i think i need to delete everything.

 

The Gamelaunchhelper.exe is also looking for a file in c\Program Files\windowsapps\micirosoft etx\gameLaunchHelper.exe

 

 

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Michael, something similar here (install leading to the wrong disk), in my case a fresh install has been the solution (i know it is more time, but now working ok.) .

Before the fresh install make a good uninstalling, and format the disk where the new msfs 2020 is going to place, after it make a folder "MSFS" where you have to point when installing again. 

It seems Asobo did a new compilation and some things did not got ok.

Good luck , and best regards ! 

  • Like 1

Intel I9-13900K @ 5,5 GHz, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Master, 32 Gb Kingston Fury DDR5 @ 6000 MHz, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB 7,000/5,000MB/s, RX 6750 XT 12Gb, Samsung G5 LC32G55TQBUXEN WQHD, Windows 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ECONINO said:

Hi Michael, something similar here (install leading to the wrong disk), in my case a fresh install has been the solution (i know it is more time, but now working ok.) .

Before the fresh install make a good uninstalling, and format the disk where the new msfs 2020 is going to place, after it make a folder "MSFS" where you have to point when installing again. 

It seems Asobo did a new compilation and some things did not got ok.

Good luck , and best regards ! 

Thanks , at which point do you point to the O drive ? I recall that some basic installaions files is installed on the c drive at first ?

Thanks

Michael Moe


Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks , at which point do you point to the O drive ? I recall that some basic installaions files is installed on the c drive at first ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

I changed the xboxapp location to O:/MSFS for future installations and it began downloading the 1.9GB files here.

Thanks 

Michael Moe

  • Like 1

Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... just uninstall msfs 2020 and delete all basic installation remained at the C disk, then format the disk where the fresh msfs 2020 is going to place, and create a new folder at this disk "msfs 2020", then start the download through the app store ... the installation is going to point you at the "C" drive, just point over this route and navigate to the disk and folder you created before "O:/MSFS 2020"  and start installation ...    

  • Like 1

Intel I9-13900K @ 5,5 GHz, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Master, 32 Gb Kingston Fury DDR5 @ 6000 MHz, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB 7,000/5,000MB/s, RX 6750 XT 12Gb, Samsung G5 LC32G55TQBUXEN WQHD, Windows 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ECONINO said:

... just uninstall msfs 2020 and delete all basic installation remained at the C disk, then format the disk where the fresh msfs 2020 is going to place, and create a new folder at this disk "msfs 2020", then start the download through the app store ... the installation is going to point you at the "C" drive, just point over this route and navigate to the disk and folder you created before "O:/MSFS 2020"  and start installation ...    

Thanks downloading, 

 

How do you put back in PMDG and Fenix etc ? I guess i have to reinstall those again now that the installationfolder is renamed from O;\Michael\ to O;\MSFS ?.

I have a backup of the Community folder

Michael Moe


Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... great !..

    ....... for the community folder i use "MSFS Addons Linker"  MSFS Addons Linker » Microsoft Flight Simulator, so if you use it also do not forget to point it to the new root you have now (Addons Linker / Options / MSFS Community folder :  "O:\msfs 2020\community")  ....

....... if your PMDG or FENIX do not work, uninstall and  reinstall it  (the installer will find by itself the new root) ...

Cheers !

 

  • Like 1

Intel I9-13900K @ 5,5 GHz, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Master, 32 Gb Kingston Fury DDR5 @ 6000 MHz, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB 7,000/5,000MB/s, RX 6750 XT 12Gb, Samsung G5 LC32G55TQBUXEN WQHD, Windows 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

i think i need to delete everything.

I was hoping I could come up with some incredible advice so that you didn’t have to go through the whole ordeal of a full reinstall. But alas, I’m at a loss.

  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What may have happened is when you saw the update, it may have been pointing to your C drive instead of O drive. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Noncon said:

What may have happened is when you saw the update, it may have been pointing to your C drive instead of O drive. 

Thanks,yes that might have happened but why on earth would it point to a new location ?

Michael Moe 


Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strangely moving back the PMDG's to the new community folder did not upset the manager app or MSFS for that matter. Nice 

Michael Moe


Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...