Sign in to follow this  
whisky

HOW TO FIX DISK SPACE PROBLEM

I am running PSD v5.3 with ORBX, PMDG, Majestic DASH 8 and a few Carenado planes and weather.

HD is 475gb with 92gb free.  Disk full warning pops up but not all the time.  I have a second drive 475 gb.

Can I uninstall any addons and re-locate them to the second drive, and if so, will this cause issues?

Yes and no, no problem with a different drive. I have mine spread across 3 drives. Just don't forget to change the install locations.

Best of luck and have a good weekend down under 🙂

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Thanks pgde,  just need to get the courage to make the changes.

2 hours ago, whisky said:

HD is 475gb with 92gb free.  Disk full warning pops up but not all the time

Are you sure you have 92GB free? If that is actually the case you do not need to free up anything.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

I use symbolic link to move files around, it works great.

Hi Kevin,

One thought: If you have Orbx installed, depending upon how much land class and regions you have installed, Orbx Central will let you create an external Library at a completely different location. So if your Orbx LC and regions were located on the sim drive, you could move that scenery on to the other drive.

Good luck with the move!

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

22 hours ago, Luke said:

Are you sure you have 92GB free? If that is actually the case you do not need to free up anything.

Cheers!

Yes, but getting "Not enough free space" message.

What specific message are you getting?

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

On 11/13/2022 at 9:43 AM, Luke said:

Cheers!

Yes, but getting "Not enough free space" message.

Msg is generated by the disk maint software.  I will grab it next time it appears.