Sign in to follow this  
Reset XPDR

Opinions wanted on Activesky X

Guest davidvoogd

Hello, just wondering if anyone who owns Activesky X could comment on what they think of it. I'm only looking at the weather program and not the graphics, I'm running low res clouds for better framerates anyways.Anyhow how does it compare to previous versions of Activesky, to the default FSX weather (does it retain the dynamics of the default weather for turbulance etc.?), and does it have any effect on performance.If anyone could give their comments I'd appreciate it, thanks! (I have searched and read other threads on it, but I didn't find a whole lot out there on the weather program itself)

This add-on is in my opinion a must have. I purchased it the moment it came out. This is a improved version with a more intuitive interface. It models turbulence very accurately and I have not noticed any performance degradation except for a slight decrease in in very, very heavy clouds. Keep in mind that realistic turbulence is very subjective to the user and their experience. I can say that I have had some very harrowing crosswind landings using ActiveSky. :) One thing that should be taken into consideration is that I am not an expert, I represent a more average user. I thought that I would add my opinion. This is also a incredible company with great support.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I agree with Mike K. Much improved over FSX weather. The only downside for me is the program does not work with multiplay. My muliplay friend and I both have ActiveskyX, we practice our flight plans with activeskyX before we go on-line to fly mission with FSX weather. This is my only disappointment which may not be a big deal to most. Good luck! erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Hello,I agree with Mike

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest abulaafia

must have. buy now.

Active Sky was a must for FS9 and it is one the first "must have" add-ons for FSX as well.Pat

Guest Len

Must have no doubt about it.

Guest triangle

A must have - changed FSX completely for me.

>Hi Erv,>>The problem is in multiplayer. You and your friend need to>connect first, and then start ASX for weather.>>Thanks,>JimConfirmed. Start a session with a theme like blue sky, fair weather or whatever(not updated real world weather)and load ASX afterwards.Heiko

Guest _MSW_

The problem with the haze layer ending abruptly at higher elevations resulting in a definative line with the mountains sticking above it has not been corrected in ActiveskyX which makes flying in mountainous areas look like Cr@p. The FSX converted version of Activesky 6.5 does not have this problem. So I use AS6.5. AS6.5 will also work for both FS9 (which I still fly) and FSX.If you are only going to fly FSX, I would still get FSX and hope that Hi Fi will fix the above problem.Mike

Thank you! We will give it a go in the morning during our normal scheduled flight. Thanks again! erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.