Sign in to follow this  
CanadaOne

FSGenesis Site Problems? Virus?

Seems to want to install a program and I seem to have picked up a nasty. Maybe unrelated though and AVG has dealt with it I think.

Guest UlfB

Yeah,I tried the site and Avast caught the a sign of a trojan all right:"Sign of "JS:IESlice [Trj]" has been found in "http://all1count.net/strongnew/019/exp3.htm" file."Better look out, the site might be hacked.Ulf B

The site runs an ActiveX control from Microsoft.You are getting a false positive from bad virus definitions.Did you submit the suspected file to AVG & Avast as they request?

>The site runs an ActiveX control from Microsoft.>>You are getting a false positive from bad virus definitions.>>Did you submit the suspected file to AVG & Avast as they>request?Or contact Justin? I would think he would want to know if he has an infected site.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

>>The site runs an ActiveX control from Microsoft.>>>>You are getting a false positive from bad virus definitions.>>>>Did you submit the suspected file to AVG & Avast as they>>request?>>Or contact Justin? I would think he would want to know if he>has an infected site.>I think that Justin reads this site anyway and, if it is a problem, then it's best to post it here so everybody is aware then to just send an email to Justin and not tell anybody else.

Hello,The portal.fsgenesis.net site has during the past 24 hours or so been the victim of a recently discovered vulnerability in the pnPHPBB forum software involving an SQL injection exploit, so I have shut it down temporarily until I can get rid of it. Further research has revealed numerous other sites running this particular forum software that have been affected, too. The low-life scumbags who seem to delight in perpetrating this sort of senseless cyber-vandalism disgust me and, IMO, should be castrated with a dull, rusty knife.The whole FSGenesis operation is not affected, only the forum software. The FSG Store (fsgenesis.com, on a completely different site) is running normally and, most importantly, safely, as usual.Service and support inquiries in the meantime should be directed to store@fsgenesis.com or support@fsgenesis.com.I expect to have a new support site and forum up and running within two or three days.Thanks for your patience and understanding . . .-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Guest UlfB

>The site runs an ActiveX control from Microsoft.>>You are getting a false positive from bad virus definitions.>>Did you submit the suspected file to AVG & Avast as they>request?Did you invest in a new antivirus software, such as Avast?Ulf B ;-)

Hey Justin,Hope the problem gets sorted out without too much of a headache. I don't know why anyone would do this to you, you've got a great product and great customer service. My Galaxy membership at FS Genesis is the backbone of my FS9 & FSX flying fun.All the best.