Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas Jackson

Sim update 11 Ground Textures

Hi guys,

Does anyone out there think the photogrammetry ground textures look a little washed out/soft since the SU11 dropped. The buildings and textures do not seem as sharp as they did in SU10 a little soft around the edges, also seems not as colourfully dynamic as they were previously.

Thoughts?

Regards

Hi,

I noticed on my side that ground textures are now blurry like they never been before...

Regards.

Bruno Teixeira.
W11 PRO x64 | i9 13900k | RTX4090 | 32GB DDR5 | MSFS

This is probably still a side effect of two many people flying and hammering the servers.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Farlis said:

This is probably still a side effect of two many people flying and hammering the servers.

Makes sense will be interesting to see what its like when all the downloading of the 40th is done,

Same here. Haven‘t had such blurry ground textures in a long time. I also thought it was down to server overload.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

If you use the Map Enhancement tool, you wont be using Microsoft servers.  Easy to install and use plus the textures are more detailed.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

42 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

If you use the Map Enhancement tool, you wont be using Microsoft servers.  Easy to install and use plus the textures are more detailed.

Will not solve the problem of PG being slow to load, since you won't have PG at all. 😉

4 hours ago, Farlis said:

Will not solve the problem of PG being slow to load, since you won't have PG at all. 😉

I switched PG off ages ago as I don't want to fly in a nuclear holocaust.  In any case, Ground textures were mentioned and that is what I answered.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

5 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I switched PG off ages ago as I don't want to fly in a nuclear holocaust.  In any case, Ground textures were mentioned and that is what I answered.

At the altitudes most people fly you don't even notice that (and it's not so bad in some cities). Looks immeasurably better than default buildings imo. But each to their own.

• Upvote 1

On 12/3/2022 at 11:36 AM, mikeymike said:

Anyone know if this will be addressed in next update?

thanks

mike

Is this still an 'issue' - I've been away from the sim for a few weeks and after firing it up yesterday, I now seem to have horrendously blurry grass textures as seen from the cockpit when stationary on the ground both with DX11 and DX12 (PG is disabled) ?

In external view, I also seem to have very faint diagonal grid lines superimposed on the runway textures that gradually fade away and completely disappear as I zoom in on them, but then gradually reappear as I zoom back out..?

Edited by garydpoole

1 minute ago, Tony P said:

Why not try the map enhancement mod?  It works really well.

Thanks, but I don't know what that is - any more info ?