Sign in to follow this  
Jarnie

Is there an anchor for MSFS2020 floatplanes

When I start a new flight at a dock and the wind is blowing, my floatplane either gets blown away from the dock or onto the dock.

Is there an 'anchor' like there is in Xplane which will prevent a floatplane from being blown away from its 'mooring'?

Edited by Jarnie
typo

John

Gigabyte Z390, I7 9700K, 16Gb, RTX2060, Gigabyte 32" monitor

Thanks but where do I find that? I have never heard of 'Lorby' and was surprised to find the web site after a search.

Edited by Jarnie
add last sentence

John

I downloaded and installed and ran it with MSFS running but it doesn't seem to do anything unfortunately.

Edited by Jarnie

John

It seems to no longer work in SU 11, worked fine for me before. AFAIK, the Beaver can be docked with the Anchor function of the tablet. 

Hans

On 11/14/2022 at 4:52 AM, Jarnie said:

When I start a new flight at a dock and the wind is blowing, my floatplane either gets blown away from the dock or onto the dock.

Is there an 'anchor' like there is in Xplane which will prevent a floatplane from being blown away from its 'mooring'?

The new Beaver has an anchor that you select on the tablet. For other planes you can use active pause.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

It seems to me that the mooring tool is working again once the SDK 0.24 was installed. 

Hans

Lorby mooring still works for me. No change with SU11

• Like 1

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

8 minutes ago, Eclex said:

Did you update the SDK? That was the solution for me. 

Hans

12 minutes ago, Eclex said:

I don't get it, why use an external app for this when the sim does it by just pressing a key? 

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

6 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I don't get it, why use an external app for this when the sim does it by just pressing a key? 

How can you do this in sim?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 minutes ago, regis9 said:

How can you do this in sim?

As I said above, pressing the active pause button.

Alvega

The difference is that the tool enables a fixed and a swinging mooring. MSFS water and docking capabilities are not very sophisticated, but I think there is potential for these options. The active pause is the quick fix. 

Hans

6 hours ago, Alvega said:

pressing the active pause button.

Yes that will result in everything stopping including animations won't it.

I did not know that the tablet has this function (for the DHC-2) I am currently 'exploring' the DHC-2 but there are other floatplanes available requiring 'tethering'.

John