Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas Jackson

Major Framerate Drop.

I had a very similar issue tonight by the sounds of it.

I’ve been away from the sim for a month, and got a new 4090 today, so updated the sim, drivers, disabled all add-ones (except GAIST which I forgot was in my actual community folder and not symbolically linked). I then flew a 30 min VFR flight in the Kodiak, and for the first time ever, experienced an episode of 15-30 seconds of single digit frame rates. I seriously thought the sim had crashed and was about to bail, but it came back to life. It was the oddest thing.

I was very concerned my new GPU was borked. 🥵 So I ran a number of other benchmarks and games this evening without incident. I hope it’s something in the sim. Maybe GAIST? But if so, this software is such an unpredictable mess. 🤬

Edited by Virtual-Chris

I have had the same issue twice in a week.  Both were flying the Headwind A330-900, but both flights were between 3-6 hours.  Not only a severe degradation in FPS but on both occasions, my hardware  controllers disconnected from the sim.  I had no control inputs at all, so couldn't land.  I was fuming.

I just landed in CYVR coming from VHHX after an 11 hour flight with no issues at all (using the A310). I finished the flight, restarted the PC to clear the memory (i rarely to this, but the PC had been on for 3 days now, so...) and decided to fly CYVR - BIKF now. A few seconds after takeoff, major slowdown started and it went away soon after i climbed to a higher altitude (~8000ft or so). Same airport (now on departure), same aircraft, same region and this happened out of the blue.

When i landed i had IVAO traffic at the airport and this caused no issues at all. On departure, there was no traffic in the airport or in the vicinity. I don't use AI traffic apps at all, only IVAO online traffic whenever it exists.

The root cause must be something else, it happens in completely different situations, doesn't matter how long the flight is or where are you departing from. As i said, i had the PC on without rebooting for 3 days and flew over 10 times during these 3 days with no issues at all and right after a reboot it decided to happen - totally random.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

18 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

totally random.

Yup, my FPS drop was in cruise over fairly generic scenery and continued from there 

This sim is so frustrating. Two steps forward, one back with every release. Although I guess it’s better than the early days where it was one forward and two back 😛

1 hour ago, Virtual-Chris said:

This sim is so frustrating. Two steps forward, one back with every release. Although I guess it’s better than the early days where it was one forward and two back 😛

I hear you Chris,

I have no idea what caused my main thread to get hammered halfway through my first flight yesterday, as I mentioned earlier in the thread I did the exact flight again yesterday after rebooting my PC and just finished the same flight again, still with solid 60 fps all the way (EGPK - LICJ). 

I know it is a long shot but check your windows updates and Microsoft store for updates, I couldn't start the sim this morning, did a store update then rebooted and everything was back to normal. Also try the following:

1) Open administrative command prompt and type, in sequencially from step 2 to step 6.
2) sfc /scannow
3) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
4) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
5) sfc /scannow
6) chkdsk /scan

Edited by RJC68

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I'm experiencing this over open ocean.  The CPU gets hammered bigtime.  Should be around 55fps, now at 25 and struggling w/ the main thread at 97%.  This has happened 3x now, twice over water in Alaska and now OTW to Colombia from KMIA.  Appears to have nothing to do with traffic as I have none on this flight.  Unfortunately there appears to be no way to reset it w/o killing the flight.

• Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Same problem here.

After a couple of hours I can experience random degradation of the performance. 

In the past I could fly for an entire day many subsequent fly whitout problems. Now, sometimes, I could not complete the first flight or more often I have to kill the sim during the second flight for CPU load. Independently by the airplane or the region of the world

Hope Asobo can be aware of this

4 hours ago, fra147 said:

After a couple of hours

It does not seem duration/time related to me.  I'm over 2h into a flight now and there is no degradation and a couple days ago was over water heading to Kodiak AK and terrible degradation 50 minutes after TO over open water.  The degradation is clearly connected to big unexplained increase in CPU/main thread demand in seemingly ultra low demand scenarios.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

this happened to me in today's flight (fenix).. was at crz alt over the ocean and left pc unattended for 30 mins or so.. slowly it degraded from 50s to mid 20s.. after landing i respawned at same place and then back to 50s.. maybe its the mouse moving thing? let me try another flight with pmdg and report back.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

This issue is super frustrating and for now makes the sim basically unusable.

• Like 2

Remove GAIST and similar mods and then see. SU11 introduced a SimObject limit and mods will need to be updated to not spawn hundreds/thousands of objects. I had this happen but it went away after I removed GAIST

1 hour ago, Poppingcork said:

FSLTL appears to be my culprit.  1 hour flight into ATL...12 FPS on final.

Yes, FSLTL could be responsible as well. Try reducing the FSLTL settings - lower it by 90% and see if that fixes it.

I use GSX, FSLTL +AIG library, payware airports, Fenix A320 and more and now end up with 8-9 fps on arrival. This is horrible. Seems we can't fly airliners realistically any more. For me this started after Asobos small updates a week or so ago.

Edited by Sagoland