Sign in to follow this  
Cargostorm

8.33 Spacing with Logitech/Saitek Radio Panel

Is it possible with LINDA to change the 25khz to 8.33khz spacing that is used in Europe/Vatsim? How is that done? Or is AAO or SPAD required for this functionality? I have ticked box to use the GUI Saitek panel in LINDA but see no option to change the spacing. If the spacing is hard coded, is there a lua script that I could use?

Cheers,

Chris

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

If you have the Logitech radio panel you will realize that it has the 25khz  channel spacing by default. AAO and SPAD can programm the unit to use the 8.33 khz steps, e.g. 122.800 - 122.805 - 122.810 etc.:

https://www.spadnext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36783

The question is: Can LINDA support this as well?  I already own FSUIPC and I do not want to use another app like AAO or SPAD.  Would be great if there is a way that LINDA can do this as well.

Edited by Cargostorm

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I'm not sure how that would work, as both sim and radio panel show two-digit fractionals (i.e yyy.xx) and the 8.33 would require three (i.e yyy.xxx).

Having said that, I would think that a script could be written to make that change, although you wouldn't be able to see that third digit. Something similar to this:

function Radio_COM1 (RadioChannel1AFract, a)
a = ipc.readLvar ("L:RadioChannel1AFract")
n = (a*.3332)
ipc.writeLvar ("L:RadioChannel1AFract", n)
end
event.Lvar ("L:RadioChannel1AFract", 100, Radio_COM1) 

Axis and Ohs (AAO) and SPADnext cut off the very left digit if you dial in the frequency (e.g. 22805 for 122.805). That said, even though the Saitek radio panel only shows 5 digits, you will be able to select a frequency having six digits. AAO even reverts back to "normal" after selecting the frequency and would then show 12280.

I wil try your script Masterius, but it appears that AAO or SPADnext are superior in this regard in comparison what LINDA offers. It might be possible as well but it needs a lot of scripting skills to achieve this.

Regards,

Chris

--

47 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

I wil try your script Masterius, but it appears that AAO or SPADnext are superior in this regard in comparison what LINDA offers. It might be possible as well but it needs a lot of scripting skills to achieve this.

I don't think mine will work after all. I have to look closer into this.