Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

The New beta update is incredibly smooth!

1 hour ago, hanhamreds said:

It’s difficult to make conclusions with regards to smoothness whilst being in beta trials, remember you are in a bubble, separated from the servers which are typically getting hammered and imo a major reason for many of the stutters we get - which are as a result of data streaming issues.

you are served by dedicated systems which are likely not under the same loads. 

Is this a fact?  I never knew this.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

33 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Over the top install was absolutely fine for me.  It preserved absolutely every one of my program installations - no problems at all, plus you save a load of time, trouble, and lost app settings as you say.  It is a bit of a myth that a fresh install will run quicker - no evidence of this whatsoever.
I only do a fresh if my system is absolutely fouled up (only happened once) or when doing a parallel build of a new PC.

Yep, I've just completed the in place upgrade and all my software seems to be running fine.

Stu

• Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

42 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Is this a fact?  I never knew this.

Your welcome 

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

2 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

It’s difficult to make conclusions with regards to smoothness whilst being in beta trials, remember you are in a bubble, separated from the servers which are typically getting hammered and imo a major reason for many of the stutters we get - which are as a result of data streaming issues.

you are served by dedicated systems which are likely not under the same loads. 

Interesting statement. Could be, but how to proof?

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Did a test flight in the A310 in the LA area (KBUR-TRM-KLAX) with vanilla sim, no traffic, and it was incredibly smooth. Then repeated the flight with addons (payware KLAX, KBUR, KSMO) and live traffic, and fps was absolutely atrocious 🙂 So basically I'll have to find a balance somewhere in terms of addons and AI traffic. 

EDIT: Could be some addon incompatibility. Something was not right as fps dropped to sub-10 on final approach, lol. I've started another flight from Canberra and it's back to smooth and fluid (A310). 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

5 hours ago, Nemo said:

Interesting statement. Could be, but how to proof?

It is true for some betas, because beta testers would not see all multiplayer traffic, just other beta testers. I’ve been testing it since the Alpha days. 

However, not ALL betas do this. Easy way to check is enable multiplayer and then go see a popular airport (or ask a friend who isn’t on the beta to come to that airport). If you can see each other, you aren’t on special servers - if you can’t, then you likely are. 

now of course I’m sure MS can make it so that beta testers are on special server AND can see multiplayer, so this isn’t a hard rule. 

Was suffering really bad stuttering with SU11, so decided to give the Beta a try and yep so smooth. Just good to know it’s not my system.

Getting really good performance with DLSS and DX12. Last week I replaced my Gigabyte 1080ti with an MSI 380 Suprim, and that has made a world of difference. Even though I have a bottleneck with my CPU, i am still getting great performance. The sim is very fluid, no stutters even with my older CPU.

• Like 3

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Did a 12 hr flight in the A310 with no performance loss 🙂

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Still getting the ridiculous 1/3 second precisely at 60 second intervals.  I'v done a lot of research and discovered at the MSFS forum there are many others.  I've tried everything ever published to remedy this and yet it still persists.  This is the number one reason I don't waste my time in the sim anymore.  I even submitted a ticket to Asobo but it must have been a low priority for them.

Jack Sawyer

1 hour ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Still getting the ridiculous 1/3 second precisely at 60 second intervals.  I'v done a lot of research and discovered at the MSFS forum there are many others.  I've tried everything ever published to remedy this and yet it still persists.  This is the number one reason I don't waste my time in the sim anymore.  I even submitted a ticket to Asobo but it must have been a low priority for them.

Steam version maybe?

• Like 1

Regards, Bartek Staniszewski

For me, don’t ask me why with Rtx 3070 I have set in Nvidia Control Vsync to fast, vsync off in game —-> Ultrasmooth

16 minutes ago, brosss said:

I'll PM you when my kids go to bed 😉

If you know what can cause stutters with the Steam version please post it here. it can be useful for other people.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White