Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Drives me nuts...

This airport is in rural North Dakota (3H4)...it is farmland... there are ZERO trees bordering this airport in real lifeFlying here in FSX totally wrecks the fun..... Even if there were trees, they would be deciduous....not coniferous...Anything I can do to make them go away?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175520.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175521.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The trees are created by the landclass used - and the source data from the US government is quite poor.I've taken my home county in Arkansas, used SBuilderX and satellite images to revise the landclass for the whole area - 30 miles in each direction.It's really not hard to do for a small area.Check the forums on www.fsdeveloper.com for the SBuilderX download and help on this type issue.What you can learn to do with local knowledge will always be better than a mass produced product - and extremely satisfying.

Turn autogen off. You'll even get bonus FPS for doing so ;-)Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Yeah I know but I like the farm houses and silos and power lines....I will look into that program thanks

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest RonB49

>Yeah I know but I like the farm houses and silos and power>lines....>OK, consider this. Add these lines to your Fsx.cfg file:TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1Place them in this section:[TERRAIN]Then adjust the values to reduce the number of trees and (if you wish) increase the number of buildings. As you can see, I like trees but don't care much for the buildings. R-

>>Yeah I know but I like the farm houses and silos and power>>lines....>>>OK, consider this. Add these lines to your Fsx.cfg file:>>TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500>TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1>>Place them in this section:>>[TERRAIN]>>Then adjust the values to reduce the number of trees and (if>you wish) increase the number of buildings. As you can see, I>like trees but don't care much for the buildings. R-I think his gripe is with that one particular area, not necessarily everywhere.

Here's what the airport looks like with the FSGenesis US National Landclass installed. Just for your reference, not sure if it's any more realistic.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175555.jpg

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

You can also use EZ-Landclass to modify landclass.FSX_KML, which someone mentioned above, cannot yet do landclass (that's coming in the next version), BUT you can presently use FSX_KML to put a landclass *polygon* down on the area, which would better match the real-life scene around that airport.Alternatively, you could use FSX_KML to simply chop down all the autogen trees, leaving the forest texture on the ground. Depends on what you want to do...just chop them down, or actually change the landclass.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

It's easy enough with SBuilderX to lay down some LandClass 93 tiles, which are probably better than the default mix of 94 and 57.scott s..