Sign in to follow this  
newtie

CRJ recomendations

Hi all-

I'm slowly transitioning back to jets after my extended VFR tour with the great A2A aircraft.
I'm inclining towards a CRJ to start. I have no CRJ(s) in my hanger and was wondering about those of you who do what you might recommend.

I looked at the Aerosoft Pro version which seems pretty nice, with a nice price tag.

Anyway, any help appreciated.

Mark

Hi - The Aerosoft Pro one is probably your best bet...I don't know of any other CRJs for P3D besides theirs.  (For XP11-12, there's the JRollon CRJ 200, as well as the DeltaWings' CRJ700 and 900, but those two are not working so well at the moment, as more development is needed and will come.)

Blue skies,
Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I second the Aerosoft CRJ7 recommendation. It's pretty good, but don't expect perfection. Also, please keep in mind that, as a CRJ7, it doesn't have auto-throttle. I find that sometimes I have to take over the LNAV, so it's more of a hands on aircraft. It would be a good airplane for your hangar. 

• Upvote 1

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Thanks guys.

I did some research in the interim. This aircraft had a long, complicated, stressful development. The support forum pretty much stops at ~2020. Not sure if this was because of MS or they were just done with it.

I think I'll give it a try anyway.

Cheers,

Mark

2 hours ago, newtie said:

Thanks guys.

I did some research in the interim. This aircraft had a long, complicated, stressful development. The support forum pretty much stops at ~2020. Not sure if this was because of MS or they were just done with it.

I think I'll give it a try anyway.

Cheers,

Mark

Aerosoft have abandoned P3D so don't expect any support other than existing users.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In my opinion forget anything Aerosoft. Perhaps consider the Majestic Q400 instead? Lots of fun and a good challenge!

Dan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

Based on my research above, I'm thinking if I had a problem with this aircraft, I would own it; just looking at the support forum.

3 hours ago, newtie said:

Based on my research above, I'm thinking if I had a problem with this aircraft, I would own it; just looking at the support forum.

Most P3D airplanes now a days are as such. So pick one you like as it is.

I'm still on the old version of Aerosoft CRJ(non-pro version), apart from the GPU not working in the latest patch, I feel it's just fine then...