Sign in to follow this  
177B

Got to love the new Helis, multi screen and AirManager!

This is my 4 screen and tablet setup with the G2.

Using AirManager and a popout for instruments.

The feeling of immersion is great with eh 3 top screens, it feels like you are in the heli when sitting in the right place.

This is a flight from Mass General to Logan in real time and WX today. A bit windy out of the west 10-18 kts. This actually makes it easier to fly the heli, just face into the wind on T/O and landing.

I find it amazing I get this quality from my old not very powerful system ASOBO has really done a great job.

I find the G2 as good as the one in X-plane or possible even a bit more lifelike, not just graphically but also flight dynamics seem right on.

I use a home made collective with throttle and switches, made using a Bodnar USB board. Also a Thrustmaster HOTAS with 12" extension and weaker spring, this makes control very easy, assist off naturally. This is not to say flying this heli is easy, it is not. I have hundreds of hrs flying sim helis and a few in the real thing.

This is a fantastic time to be simming.

• Like 5

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Nice to see!  Does the triple monitor setup impact your frames at all? (or in your case 4 monitors lol) Been thinking of doing that with my system but I worry about lag and how hot it will make my 1080.

cool, good to see others can fly these.  I never have had issues helos in this sim or other (DCS).  However, these two new ones I simply can not use.  To get any forward movement at all my joystick has to be pressed hard to the forward stop - very tiering, can only do it for a few minutes (yeah I have adjusted all the settings, but the curves have be reset back to fly anything else, not worth it for me)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Great video sir! Looks very much like my 737 setup. I've been flying a lot of helis in vr but I miss the resolution and comfort of sitting in front of my 4 screens with a cup of coffee.  Do you use airmanager for other sims as well?

Thanks a lot. Love to see fellow simmers having a blast.;)

1 hour ago, Lotharen said:

Nice to see!  Does the triple monitor setup impact your frames at all? (or in your case 4 monitors lol) Been thinking of doing that with my system but I worry about lag and how hot it will make my 1080.

I have a 1070 and i5 cpu. See my specs in sig.

I get between 28 and 40 FPS flying this heli around Boston (Fly Tampa) and Boston Cape Bridges payware.

This is impressive to me. 40 fps away from dense areas. I am not on anything ultra, mostly medium. No traffic helps a lot too.

I find with 3 screens FPS is not so important. Peripheral vision is more important than FPS IMHO.

• Like 2

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

1 hour ago, Mike S KPDX said:

cool, good to see others can fly these.  I never have had issues helos in this sim or other (DCS).  However, these two new ones I simply can not use.  To get any forward movement at all my joystick has to be pressed hard to the forward stop - very tiering, can only do it for a few minutes (yeah I have adjusted all the settings, but the curves have be reset back to fly anything else, not worth it for me)

Well to fly helis a regular short joystick basically does not work.

Yes it can be done but it is much harder. You need a lot of throw and no spring back to middle.

And I use real Anti Torque Pedals. cheap plastic pedals like Logitechs just make it almost impossible to control a hover.

And a very sensitive collective is a must as well.

This is if you want to enjoy flying helis not fight them.

Pit.jpg

46 minutes ago, jozeff said:

Great video sir! Looks very much like my 737 setup. I've been flying a lot of helis in vr but I miss the resolution and comfort of sitting in front of my 4 screens with a cup of coffee.  Do you use airmanager for other sims as well?

Thanks a lot. Love to see fellow simmers having a blast.;)

Yes I have used AirManager for at least 6 years now mostly for X-plane.

I literally have dozens of panels built and some special hardware as well for different aircraft, like the A320 and 737's.

But I like GA planes the best. Helis have always been a favorite.

Simming is quite an addiction. And a lot cheaper than owning a real plane, ask me how I know.

Pit.jpg