Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

The holy grail...

I'd be interested in what addons you're using (especially airports/scenery). With my 3090, I9-12900K, and a gigabit internet connection I don't have much to complain about, but the stutters I do get are 99.9% either related to addon sceneries not being properly optimized or some issue the sim has loading in large sceneries. As an example, I fly in Chicago often and always get pauses when Drzewiecki's landmarks and KMDW load in for the first time. I'm wondering if the DLSS frame generation can account for a 2-second pause caused by gigs worth of textures being loaded all at once because something, somewhere, isn't properly optimized in the addon end of things.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OverTheEDJ said:

Can you confirm that you can get at least a solid 60fps (i know you quoted higher above) with 400 LOD with/without DLSS3?

100%, even with TAA. Guaranteed. You can use frame generation with TAA or DLSS. I use it with TAA. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

What traffic you’re using ?
What are your performances with fenix + big payware airport + traffic + bad weather.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

My system based on the 13900 and 4090 is due mid-December.  Can’t wait to get things going around my holiday time.  Thanks for the encouraging results Ian!

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

3 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

My system based on the 13900 and 4090 is due mid-December.  Can’t wait to get things going around my holiday time.  Thanks for the encouraging results Ian!

i7-13900 or i9-13900, may I ask?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 minutes ago, pmb said:

i7-13900 or i9-13900, may I ask?

Kind regards, Michael

Michael, it will be the i9-13900kf. 

• Like 2

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

15 minutes ago, guibru said:

What traffic you’re using ?
What are your performances with fenix + big payware airport + traffic + bad weather.

FSLT models with the msfs live traffic system. 
payware airport with CJ4 was around 50-60 fps, which doubles to 100-120fps. 
Haven’t tried fenix yet, I don’t normally fly those type of craft, but I’ll give it a whirl next few days. 

weather has negligible performance hit, didn’t really affect my 3090 and same can be said for 4090. 

PS even if maxed airport addon and all traffic and heavy aircraft addon, it were still pulling 30fps, that doubles to 60 fps. So it’s still a WIN in my books! We’ve never had it better…! 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 3

SU11 definitely provides a smooth experience for me along with running he process at high priority.

I'm still having issues with the sim crashing whilst loading a flight, traffic and ATC, FSLTL and Littlenavmap though.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I just put in the i9-13900K running with the 3080 and couldn't be happier. Runs hot though so do need to put a order for a bigger AIO. Keen on the 4xxx sometime next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Let's put it where the goats can get it!

• Fenix is fine
  • T-LOD 400, all else ultra is assumed
  • RT Online Traffic & Seasons active
  • Into FT's KLAS if you have it or a few other suitably demanding ARRIVAL airport, and that matters, the arrival part.
  • Video this if you will and capture the last 10 minutes to touchdown with DevMode's Framerate OSD on or better yet use CapFrameX. 

Obviously if the machine is 100% immune to all of the various causes of 'stutters' this is truly new territory if able under the above conditions.   

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Does G-SYNC make that much difference? Im running the same specs but still stutter in the fenix at most airports - albeit Orbx ones, with T-LOD at 100, VR still isn’t that great either. 

5 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

cool, I would expect nothing less from an $8,000 US pc setup.

Yeah, that’s kind of what I thought at first, also. With that kind of setup, for that kind of money, I would almost expect to feel the wind in my hair in the Wright flyer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

cool, I would expect nothing less from an $8,000 US pc setup.

To be fair though, the same $8000 PC may perform pretty mediocre when running the other competing civilian simulators.  MSFS is using everything this setup has to offer, something the competition isn't (ie. the competing civilian simulators cannot take advantage of DLSS 3, nevermind DLSS 2).  I think with MSFS, and a top of the line PC, you do get an experience that is unparalleled for a civilian flight sim - hence I do agree with the premise of the title of this thread.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 8

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I remember when John Vennema, the President of Orbx, stated that P3D could handle anything you could throw at it, given the right hardware.

Seems that little has changed.. 🙂

• Like 4

Bert

2 hours ago, Noel said:

Let's put it where the goats can get it!

• Fenix is fine
  • T-LOD 400, all else ultra is assumed
  • RT Online Traffic & Seasons active
  • Into FT's KLAS if you have it or a few other suitably demanding ARRIVAL airport, and that matters, the arrival part.
  • Video this if you will and capture the last 10 minutes to touchdown with DevMode's Framerate OSD on or better yet use CapFrameX. 

Obviously if the machine is 100% immune to all of the various causes of 'stutters' this is truly new territory if able under the above conditions.   

Hi Noel,

noticed your insistence in finding the point where PC might/should be brought to it's knees, why not just enjoy the sweet spot of any PC/SIM settings combination that can provide you a smooth sailing/experience instead of looking where you can fail the system and waiting for it to get stutteri?

there is no system that would be immune from getting some sort of an issue because we are in a continuance developing platform (MSFS) and new hardware with frequently updated drivers and evolving operating system (windows10/11),one of them will cause a problem (usually hidden) at some point and we will start all over again looking for a new sweet spot regardless of system spec, just enjoy the moment you have at hand my friend.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.