Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

DLSS 3 in MSFS is huge deal for flight sim

51 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

Look at the frame counter in the top left, not the top right. 

The in-game FPS counter is showing you the frames the MSFS is generating; it doesn't have any way to pick up the Nvidia generated frames. You need an external FPS counter for that - that's what running in the top left. It's ~100fps.

You can retrieve your Nvidia frames from Geforce Expéreience fps counter. I’ve been using it for many years.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

41 minutes ago, Noel said:

TBH I've not been very impressed w/ the diff between TLOD of 200 and 400, and sometimes even 120 and 200.  In fact, I'm not sure what TLOD is supposed to do.  What kind of 'detail'?  

It appears the main hero here arguably is frame generation.  If the CPU plays no role in each generated frame (it doesn't, does it?) then the pathway to best performance may well be aiming for a MSFS frame lock of say a very easily handled be recent CPUs of 20FPS, then bring in next gen frame generation 4X to take that to 80FPS.  I'm imagining a generated frame just follows an algorithm to create and deploy and intermeditate image.  And if you can do that once between sim generated frames, why not 4X?  It may well happen some day down the road.

Bear in mind that frame generation doesn't work as well at lower framerates. Artefacting is more noticeable when the game is running @ 30fps native vs. 60fps for example. I imagine @ 20fps native you'd start to see a lot of little glitches that would ruin the immersion. And as others have said, a bottlenecked CPU will cause increased frametime making for more stutters regardless of fps. It's interesting technology, but not magic.

Edited by s0cks
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MrRoper said:

Certainly is a game changer. Here is the fenix at EGLL with full FSTL traffic at 4K. Never went below 60FPS 

4090 + EGLL + FENIX - YouTube

So how come 1 sec in its at 57 and drops in 40s at some point?  🙂

Thomas Derbyshire

8 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

You're looking at the wrong frame rate counter, look in the top left!

• Upvote 2

Chris Warner

PMDG : JS4100, MD-11, 737 NGX (Soon!)

9 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Because it starts recording?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

Just now, MrRoper said:

You're looking at the wrong frame rate counter, look in the top left!

I know my bad, I'm only jealous with my i74790k and 1070 GPU (with no money in the bank) 😀

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

I'm not jealous and I am happy for Ian and others who get to use this new configuration which is definitely in a world of its own. I won't be able to see it myself, the frame rate double and its effect on perception of animation quality.  What I do know, w/o equivocation, is I already have "perfect" animation quality.  There is no hint of hesitation, micro or macro stutters or other.  Staring at point blank range to the taxiway is 100% perfect, panning the cockpit and exterior, frame-free perception and that is all the way out to the horizon.  It might as well be analogue--this is what my brain sees.  This is very recent to get this level of quality and I know others have it as well.  Because of this I see a 7900x3D in my future which I'm sure will allow me to get away w/ RT Online Traffic which will be a big plus.  Right now if it's too busy I have to turn it off, which is about 30% of the time I'd say.  I am very close to it already, and clearly because of peripheral issues there is no getting around the odd scenery loading or server-side source of stuttering unfortunately.  This means there is no compelling reason for to move to 4000 series GPU.  5000 series perhaps.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

7 hours ago, MrRoper said:

Certainly is a game changer. Here is the fenix at EGLL with full FSTL traffic at 4K. Never went below 60FPS 

4090 + EGLL + FENIX - YouTube

Disregard - looked at the wrong frame counter

Edited by Keirtt

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU