Sign in to follow this  
Guest rossin

FS X and red/blue anaglyph stereo problems

Guest rossin

Hello pilots,I run on N-vidia FX 256 mbpentium 41900mhz1Gb ramI have no problems with FS X and the Nvidia. Pretty neat framerate compared to the FS 2004!So i got the latest drivers from nvidia and added the stereoscopic drivers.The anaglyph red/blue view works but anything that is in the distance gets triangulated especially when i tilt the plane...it is as if certain relief planes "exclude" some others by erazing them from view and replacing them with light-blue. It looks like this:fsxstereoev3.jpgThe stereo anaglyph thing from the Nvidia works PERFECT though in Falcon 4.0 and in Battlefield 1942.Any hints of how to fix this??p.s. i've tried all kinds of combinations between all filterings, resolutions, etc. It is the FS X and the way it treats surfaces it think. Some buffer or something??thanks!Rossin

I have a similar problem with the stereodrivers and asked already in the forums but never get an answer. It seems that only a little few are using 3D in FS9 and FSX. In combination with TrackIR it's awesome but with a few small bugs. I'll get the picture very good in 3D but have the problem that lights. like the PAPI on final approach are doubled left AND right the runway. Left full red and Right Full Blue. You say you have the latest stereodriver, is that the Nv 9371 driver?Cheers...

Guest jshyluk

I get good results using 3D stereovision in FSX. I am inclined to think that FSX isn't the problem. However, there's lots of other stuff that can go wrong.You have what I would consider a small amount of RAM. 3D stereovision requires a lot of RAM and processing power. I know you said you have tried all of the combinations, but I would like you to try the very lowest resolution and 16bit graphics instead of 32bit. Maybe try lowering your graphics sliders, too. That should lower your system overhead enough to run 3D properly. If that still doesn't do it, I would guess that you need more RAM. I've got a picture of what FSX looks like in anaglyph stereo for my system at the very end of my review for USA Extreme Landscapes:http://www.avsim.com/pages/0707/USA/USA.htmJeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Guest rossin

Hello Simba,The stereo drivers i have is 91.31; i think it is the latest so far. I think for N-vidia it is important that our stereo drivers are equal, or older, but not newer than the graphic card driver. I think that's why it works: my N-vidia drivers are 93.71 (that's the FX series only i think).Yes, this problem is annoying because the depth effect is very nice and enhances the experience! I-red tracking--must be cool! I though using my old IR mouse for that: when i stick it to a hat hanging between my shoulderblades gliding over a white paper it actually tracks all my head movements (which need only to be subtle movements) :D.The PAPI: in my case i see it not double but surely i see it projected far closer to the aircraft than the runway...kind of like as if they hang in the air... may be you see them double because you don't attempt to view them as a "close-by" object. In any case, PAPI in stereo is confusing to me because the red glass turns the red colour white :(Hope we figure this out!

Guest rossin

Hi Jeff,thanks for your review, by chance i actually saw it only three days ago and it inspired me to look for the stereo drivers!It would be strange if it were the RAM because my framerates are pretty smooth even upon switching to stereo (Ctrl+T) and even when i tilt the plane brisqly on purpose.I think it has to do withthe way FS renders the distance, something triangulates the graphics and adds horizontal "slices" to the picture, and most typically, distant shapes exclude close by ones (instead of the more logical opposite.I distinctly remember someone talking about a particularity of FS to mess up with scenery in this way. I think it was in these very forums and they were talking about using ACtive Camera for FS 2004:when one would use the Active Camera software (older verson) in the "pilot walking" out of the aircraft mode, then the whole scenery used to turn exactly as i see it in stereo--blue oceanlike plain cuts trhough everything...So, when they were talking about this problem with ACtive Camera, someone actually did explain why FS does this and how to fix it...i wonder how this post can be unearthed ..haha! p.s. yes, i did try all the configurations possible. For some reason my system runs smooth on FS X no matter if the graphic and relief sliders are zero or top. FS 2004 used to run rather slow though...

Guest jshyluk

Hmm, yeah, re-reading my post, my advice wasn't so great. I am currently using the 93.71 drivers on a 7600GS. Certainly the driver you choose will give you widely varying results. One driver will generate wierd polygons. Another fixes that, but makes the water at night look wierd. Get a driver that solves those problems, and it doesn't support stereovision. It isn't enough yet to make me migrate to ATI, but it does mean trying out every driver you can get your hands on.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Guest rossin

> Get a driver that>solves those problems, and it doesn't support stereovision. >:) Actually, may-be not clear from my first post but these blue poligons appear only on stereovision. Without it the FSx works pretty well.Maybe i can try using older drivers if i can find back-versions of the stereodrivers too!This stereo thingy is very nice! at least on the Falcon 4.0 it works...although the eyecandy of terrain relief isn't that emphasized, but still it's nice.