Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Which Traffic offers the best control over traffic density?

About 1/2 the time now I find myself turning Realtime Online Traffic (RTOT) w/ Simple Traffic off due to meaningful impacts on my wonderful 100% stutter-free performance that I won't give up for anything now.   I leave multiplayer on and every once in a while manage to see another MSFS flyer nearby!  

I would be willing to fiddle a bit w/ installation but my main goal is to get control over how many planes are affecting performance and this is based on the assumption that less traffic would make a difference, and I'm not 100% certain it will.  I say assumed because for example I just came into LOWW, a good 40 miles out and started seeing some degradation in performance and yet couldn't see another plane anywhere so turned of RTOT and voila performance returned immediately.

Thanks in advance.  Not willing to do constant fiddling to make it work (why I bought ST) and greatly prefer simple installation routines as in...simple.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi Noel, you helped me last week in a big way, so I wanted to return your good deed. Might you consider the static airfcraft package at Latinvfr.org?

I installed it the day after your helping me, and I’m very pleased. Of course you will have no moving traffic, but you will see lots of aircraft at over 350 airports around the world. I have not lost any of the smooth performance that we all want, which is incredible. Last night I flew into KATL, without a stutter an saw enough aircraft in number and variety to get that feeling of immersion. It seems to me, that until ai traffic is created that won’t “clog the sim’s arteries”, this is a great alternative to flying in an empty world. Even with MSFS AI online traffic off, and just ground aircraft density on, I would encounter stutter…yuck!

Thanks for your help last week!

Sam

Edited by xraythree

Jetline Systems, Windows 10 Professional, Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro Ax LG 1200, Intel Core i9 10900K Ten Core, Corsair H100 240mm Liquid Cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR SDRAM 3200MHz, 10GB Nvidea GeForce RTX 3080 GDDR6X, 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD, 1000 watt Gold Power Supply.

2 hours ago, xraythree said:

Hi Noel, you helped me last week in a big way, so I wanted to return your good deed. Might you consider the static airfcraft package at Latinvfr.org?

I installed it the day after your helping me, and I’m very pleased. Of course you will have no moving traffic, but you will see lots of aircraft at over 350 airports around the world. I have not lost any of the smooth performance that we all want, which is incredible. Last night I flew into KATL, without a stutter an saw enough aircraft in number and variety to get that feeling of immersion. It seems to me, that until ai traffic is created that won’t “clog the sim’s arteries”, this is a great alternative to flying in an empty world. Even with MSFS AI online traffic off, and just ground aircraft density on, I would encounter stutter…yuck!

Thanks for your help last week!

Sam

Thank you Sam.  When I turn RTOT off I still have a lot of static aircraft and that does not affect performance for me fortunately, but a good thought coming from your experience.  I'm guessing it's the "injecting" of  moving planes into the sim, per event, that causes a brief stutter here.  Since I use default RTOT there is no way I can move this off of MSFS' main thread which may well solve this issue not sure but kind of plausible.  Some of the other traffic programs may be amenable to moving off of the main thread so will hold off and see if any others comment on this.  I do like seeing planes in the air for sure so this is why I'm pursuing this now.  However, if it's not possible I may well use your suggestion and just use their static aircraft perhaps the models are better.

Cheers

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

18 minutes ago, Noel said:

Thank you Sam.  When I turn RTOT off I still have a lot of static aircraft and that does not affect performance for me fortunately, but a good thought coming from your experience.  I'm guessing it's the "injecting" of  moving planes into the sim, per event, that causes a brief stutter here.  Since I use default RTOT there is no way I can move this off of MSFS' main thread which may well solve this issue not sure but kind of plausible.  Some of the other traffic programs may be amenable to moving off of the main thread so will hold off and see if any others comment on this.  I do like seeing planes in the air for sure so this is why I'm pursuing this now.  However, if it's not possible I may well use your suggestion and just use their static aircraft perhaps the models are better.

Cheers

The good news here, is that when you find a solution, we will all benefit from it as well. I’d love to see flying aircraft too, but without compromising fluid animation. I’ll be monitoring this thread for sure.

Jetline Systems, Windows 10 Professional, Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro Ax LG 1200, Intel Core i9 10900K Ten Core, Corsair H100 240mm Liquid Cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR SDRAM 3200MHz, 10GB Nvidea GeForce RTX 3080 GDDR6X, 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD, 1000 watt Gold Power Supply.

Hi Noel,

in Germany we say „You have the choice between pestilence and cholera“. I‘m using psxseecon traffic with real traffic (an annual fee of 80 euros) and aig, fsltl and worldwide e-Jets. These are external tools.  The impact on performance is ok, but the planes are moving like drunken sailors. Often they land far away from the runways or keep running through cities at the end of a runway. Much better is the injector of FSLTL. Here all airplanes are moving very smooth. But there are so many strange things while moving. And the impact on performance (especially with FSHud) is horrible. For me the first combination seems to be the best one. Both alternatives have the possibility to control traffic density with settings (amount and range).

cheers, Kurt

i12700K, RTX2080 Super, Win 11, 64 Gb Ram 

Edited by ltu6800

Danke Herr Kurt!  

The specific question I have:  do we know if the app's "injector" is contained w/in the app, versus the app tells MSFS to inject and MSFS's code does the injecting?  This may be a relavent distinction because if it's outside of MSFS then perhaps the app can run on different core than the main thread uses and that can reduce or eliminates stutters in certain scenarios.

Edited by Noel

Noel

FSTLT gives better performance for me overall. They load more ground-based planes when you're on the ground and as you fly, they decrease the ground planes and add more planes in the air. So your performance doesn't tank.

I gave in and just lowered most of my settings because I love having traffic around me. Multiplayer is a **** show most of the time, full of idiots flying everywhere so I keep that off. Live is better. I also have AI GA mod, Ejets, and pilot2atc for ATC. Along with Navigraph etc its great

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Good morning, 

FSLTL as standalone uses the msfs-core to manage traffic, just create flight informations, that is how I understand it. It is a great tool. Psxseecon + Realtraffic are independent. You can run them on a second pc via network connection. But as soon as Asobo will fix/optimize ai traffic, I will stay with FSLTL. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ltu6800 said:

Good morning, 

FSLTL as standalone uses the msfs-core to manage traffic, just create flight informations, that is how I understand it. It is a great tool. Psxseecon + Realtraffic are independent. You can run them on a second pc via network connection. But as soon as Asobo will fix/optimize ai traffic, I will stay with FSLTL. 

Totally agree, I have tried many of the other offerings in both P3D and MSFS, so far FSLTL outshines them all, it's extremely configurable and easy on performance. And FYI, for real time traffic FSLTL uses Flightradar. Make sure you turn off all AI in MSFS. i.e.-

Aircraft Traffic Type = OFF

AI Aircraft Traffic Density = OFF

Ground Aircraft Density = OFF

Use Generic Aircraft Models (AI Traffic) = OFF

Use generic Aircraft Models (Multiplayer) = OFF

Show Multiplayer Aircraft In Close Proximity = OFF

Traffic Variety = ULTRA

Edited by SierraHotel

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I think you are going to be hard pressed to find an option that doesn't impact, but....FSHUD will inject traffic and control it. You also have traffic settings to control the density. You can turn off real and static traffic and it will add them based on the settings you have.

4 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

Totally agree, I have tried many of the other offerings in both P3D and MSFS, so far FSLTL outshines them all, it's extremely configurable and easy on performance. And FYI, for real time traffic FSLTL uses Flightradar. Make sure you turn off all AI in MSFS. i.e.-

Aircraft Traffic Type = OFF

AI Aircraft Traffic Density = OFF

Ground Aircraft Density = OFF

Use Generic Aircraft Models (AI Traffic) = OFF

Use generic Aircraft Models (Multiplayer) = OFF

Show Multiplayer Aircraft In Close Proximity = OFF

Traffic Variety = ULTRA

Those last 4 options won't effect FSLTL or any other AI injector. They're only for MSFS default live traffic and multiplayer.

Edited by Tuskin38

I recommend AI Companion by AIG, which can be used to limit traffic. It's very customisable (limit by fps, limit air/ground etc).

I am using MSFS real-time online traffic with FSLTL + AIG models. When landing at busy airports I usually find the gates are full and it looks like landing AI are being teleported because there is no space. With AI Companion I can limit the number of aircraft on the ground to make room for landing AI.

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

11 minutes ago, Johan217 said:

I recommend AI Companion by AIG

Never hear of that one. Do you have a link? Or is it just the same as AIG models/liveries?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Never hear of that one. Do you have a link?

It's a tool to run alongside your AI. You can use it for many various things regarding your ai from seeing exactly how many AI there is in your traffic bubble (for those of us that haven't yet acquired the skill to just know how full the parking lot is 🙄) but one of it's best qualities is the ability to limit traffic using all sorts of different customizable parameters. 
 https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=35642.0

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 11/23/2022 at 3:05 PM, Johan217 said:

I recommend AI Companion by AIG, which can be used to limit traffic. It's very customisable (limit by fps, limit air/ground etc).

I am using MSFS real-time online traffic with FSLTL + AIG models. When landing at busy airports I usually find the gates are full and it looks like landing AI are being teleported because there is no space. With AI Companion I can limit the number of aircraft on the ground to make room for landing AI.

Johan, does AI Companion also let you limit the number of aircraft in the air as well?

Noel