Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

iniScene is showcasing KDTW for MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Anthony25368 said:

have tried to lower all settings but my fps is terrible with this software? I wish I would have waited to see more reviews. I have a low end video card 1080 gsx but Flytampa and Fsdreamteam scenery works great for me. I hope this can be optimized for better performance. Anyone else having bad stutters and lagging? I fly vr most of the time so I expect a little but I even get terrible frames in 2d. Any tips will be appreciated. 

Have you tried going into the IniManager and turning off some of the 'extras'?  You can disable interiors, trees, parked cars, etc.  Next step would be reducing, if not eliminating any AI traffic.  I had a perfectly smooth approach into there last night in Fenix 320 but can understand that some systems might have some trouble.  I noticed a small amount of stuttering turning into the south ramp looking north while using FSLTL Static traffic at gates.  I turned them off and it was much better so I may have to reduce. 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Thank  you  have shut off everything and made the textures normal not hd, I will work on it but I think its a problem when all the other airports work just fine. I wanted to pull trigger on buying because its my home airport for my VA. 

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

4 hours ago, Anthony25368 said:

I have tried to lower all settings but my fps is terrible with this software?

I was really concerned about this, as I have waited a very long time for a good quality Detroit. Large airports need to be very, very well optimized or they only perform on very strong systems -- and even then those can struggle. This is what sets the Flightbeams and Fly Tampas apart from developers like iniBuilds. I am glad I held off as I just do not want to introduce airports that I have to customize settings for or accept stutters. This same thing happened with REG Designs and Fly Tampa in Toronto; REG was excellent but brought frame rates down to single digits with stutters; Fly Tampa performed exceptionally well. REG has been optimizing the airport now for nearly 9 months since their original release. It is just not easy to do this. To be straightforward and frank, I wish iniBuilds would stick to smaller regional airports until they develop this skill set to an advanced level, and then try for large hubs. 

Dan Scott

Yes I think I will have to shut it off and use default again, I'm disappointed by this I watched videos on youtube and most the guys said it was great, but who knows. Loss of 30$

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

Same here. Like countless other simmers I was already becoming very frustrated with all the general stutter issues over the past 2 updates but still purchased their KSAT-KLAX and DTW airports in anticipation that Ini will tweak them while still allowing for quality. It seems some effort was made recently but the problems continue. Almost no problems with Fly Tampa and FlightBeam airports even when using FSTL but the stutters are present since the latest Microsoft updates.

Over the past few months, the major developers are now finally able to integrate their quality airports and we also have access to a slew of fine new study aircraft. 

But....have we now reached a point where this beautiful product is only playable unless most settings are reduced to minimums while avoiding high end products?

17 minutes ago, dc3 said:

have we now reached a point where this beautiful product is only playable unless most settings are reduced to minimums while avoiding high end products?

I'm going to say no.
None of the posters who are complaining about performance here have stated their PC configs or the settings levels used in MSFS.

Compared to EGLL v1, iniBuilds has delivered a scenery that should perform for most setups. Maybe not as buttery smooth as Flightbeam or some FlyTampa sceneries (i.e. not KLAS and CYYZ), though solid enough for me to hold 30 FPS on final into KDTW with only landside vehicles and extra GSE turned off.
Flight simming has always been at the bleeding edge of tech stuff. Remember the release of FSX for PC hardware that didn't exist at the time, nor for a decade and a half later? While not perfect, MSFS allows me to have details, an amount of objects, and degrees of complexity far higher than I've ever previously had in any flight sim. I have to pinch myself sometimes as it's so good.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

very well said F737MAX, people who r complaining about a product good or bad should let us know their settings,  it surely would help us all  For Example the bottom of comment r my settings.

I really wanted to buy this product, cause I do have KLAX from them, which is totally awsome.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

I put my settings on, not complaining just comparing. Some companies do better with my setup others do, always a little bit of a gamble.. No big deal only 30$. Hopefully the sim will get better with time.

Edited by Anthony25368

Anthony

very well said F737MAX, people who r complaining about a product good or bad should let us know their settings,  it surely would help us all  For Example the bottom of comment r my settings.

Appreciate and understand where you are coming from  !

Can't speak for others for not stating their setups but in my case the point I was trying to make is that my sim performance was working  just fine until the last 2 updates. I have changed nothing since except for now  having to downgrade settings in an attempt to reestablish pre update performance.  It seems like something changed at Microsoft's end -hence the many documented problems with stutters, etc....

It would be refreshing to obtain a somewhat official explanation as to the possible cause(s) where suddenly a system fully capable of performing satisfactorily pre last 2 updates suddenly degrades to the levels many simmers now experience. 

Cheers

installed and ran the md82 out of KDTW. no issues at all. 4k everything on high....amazing scenery as its the home hub for travel to and from US.

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

It’s funny how drastically different our systems can perform in different situations.  I have three sceneries from this company.  For me, KBUF runs well (no surprise), EGLL runs decently, but KLAX introduces huge lag when panning around and is incredibly hard on my system.  I’ve read other opinions that KLAX runs great, better than default etc so quite different results.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

17 minutes ago, regis9 said:

It’s funny how drastically different our systems can perform in different situations.  I have three sceneries from this company.  For me, KBUF runs well (no surprise), EGLL runs decently, but KLAX introduces huge lag when panning around and is incredibly hard on my system.  I’ve read other opinions that KLAX runs great, better than default etc so quite different results.

This is why I never take performance opinions into account when purchasing a scenery. For one person it's great, for another it's bad. Only way to find out is to find out for yourself. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

2 hours ago, Anthony25368 said:

I put my settings on

13 minutes ago, regis9 said:

It’s funny how drastically different our systems can perform in different situations.

Some PC setups are being placed under plenty of stress⁠—lots of 4K and 8K textures being used now, requiring more throughput than the hardware can handle. Still, I understand the frustrations of people whose experience of MSFS is less than stellar.
Many factors to consider beyond the usual hardware config and settings, including simmer's internet speed, plus latency and which Microsoft server is being accessed and at what time.

33 minutes ago, regis9 said:

KLAX introduces huge lag when panning around and is incredibly hard on my system.

Just a thought, do you have much AI traffic and road traffic? Given LA's size, it's obviously very busy with road and air traffic.
On the FSLTL thread, someone showed just how much traffic was being generated at KLGB, KBUR, KSNA and KONT. A strict AI limit and culling of most traffic required.

Otherwise, it's a wait and hope that the optional settings function iniBuilds have promised for KLAX (and other previous sceneries) bring the hoped-for performance boost.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Some PC setups are being placed under plenty of stress⁠—lots of 4K and 8K textures being used now, requiring more throughput than the hardware can handle. Still, I understand the frustrations of people whose experience of MSFS is less than stellar.
Many factors to consider beyond the usual hardware config and settings, including simmer's internet speed, plus latency and which Microsoft server is being accessed and at what time.

Just a thought, do you have much AI traffic and road traffic? Given LA's size, it's obviously very busy with road and air traffic.
On the FSLTL thread, someone showed just how much traffic was being generated at KLGB, KBUR, KSNA and KONT. A strict AI limit and culling of most traffic required.

Otherwise, it's a wait and hope that the optional settings function iniBuilds have promised for KLAX (and other previous sceneries) bring the hoped-for performance boost.

I do have a bunch of AI traffic...I think I was using AIG for that flight at KLAX.  I honestly haven't looked at my road traffic settings in ages but I would guess I have them pretty high so you're right that could be a factor, but it's odd my performance was so much worse than EGLL.  The first thing I did was look for settings options for KLAX so yes I'll look forward to that.  I'll try turning down road traffic in my next flight out of KLAX and see if that helps at all.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I bought it and did a quick test with full AI (FSLTL using AIG Models), and the PMDG737. I thought it was a little laggy, but not terrible. My system is a couple years old, and I run mostly ultra settings.

I usually fly from large airports to smaller airports (DTW to CUN, for example), so if I get an airport that is slower on my system, I just use that as my origin. Low FPS are a much bigger issue when landing.

The only real issues I have is the AFCAD. I was seeing lots of delta aircraft at the D gates, UPS where FEDEX should be, and the fact that there is no manager included with the Simmarket version. The one you can download at the INI store seems to only recognize scenery that is purchased through them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad