Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

X-Plane 12 is 33% off in the Steam Autumn Sale

Ah, one of the few benefits of being 3rd world country... With all taxes comes to about 10 USD for me...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

Ah, one of the few benefits of being 3rd world country... With all taxes comes to about 10 USD for me...

Yep I finally caved and bought it as well, cost around $13 equivalent in my country. I am so grateful for Steam regional pricing, which adjusts for countries' purchasing power, as there was absolutely NO way I would have bought X-Plane 12 at $60, with my puny little corruption-reduced South African Rands

Edited by rooitou
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

13 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

Ah, one of the few benefits of being 3rd world country

Love it, baby. Just USD 10 for me too, while the morons at the Casa Rosada keep on devaluating my money.

BTW, MSFS Marketplace has a similar pricing policy 😁

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Any disadvantages to buying it on Steam as opposed to getting it directly from Laminar Research?

NAX669.png

1 hour ago, mwilk said:

Any disadvantages to buying it on Steam as opposed to getting it directly from Laminar Research?

During the XP12 beta period a key from LR is supposed to include a key for XP11 (or more accurately you can use the XP12 key to install XP11), is that the same for Steam ?

Edited by Matchstick

4 hours ago, mwilk said:

I've had X-Plane 11 on Steam all along and never experienced any problems. Steam keeps it updated and has fast servers in my country, so updates have been painless and almost unnoticeable. The only disadvantage I would say is that the directory structure is a little "deeper" (for things like your aircraft and plugin folders), but I added it to "Quick Access" in File explorer and it was one click away.

Edited by rooitou
  • Like 1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

@Matchstick You can in fact get an XP11 key after purchasing XP12 on Steam, you just have to ask the X-Plane support (support (at) x-plane (dot) com) sending them your transaction ID, as discussed here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/2014780/discussions/0/5057002258664794305/

I bought XP12 yesterday, and received the Steam activation code for XP11 within less than 30 minutes of sending the mail, so I can confirm it works from first-hand experience.

Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

20 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Love it, baby. Just USD 10 for me too, while the morons at the Casa Rosada keep on devaluating my money.

BTW, MSFS Marketplace has a similar pricing policy 😁

Nice. I will have to check that because my MS/Xbox account was from waaaay back before there was an option for Argentina so it is a US account. For buying "normal" stuff I just use the web and it works anyway, but for the marketplace will have to see. 

Edited by Mgard78