Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

Feelthere Citation or Legacy: which to choose?

Guest martin842

I am considering buying a bizjet, and have narrowed the choice down to either the Feelthere Citation X or the Feelthere Legacy. They look very similar, but the Citation is approximately twice the price of the Legacy (here in the UK, at any rate).I would be interested to hear from owners of both aircraft how similar they are. Are there any notable differences between the two? I am particularly interested in the systems.ThanksMartin

I have asked the same question myself. Based on the user reviews in here, I'd probably go with the Legacy and wait for the Citation v2 from Eaglesoft.Pat

I have the legacy and I find it a great plane. I dont have any issues except that the manual misses out on some minor details. There is a tutorial for the ERG 145 which is much the same just speeds etc different but FMS and cockpit are the same. I fly it from the VC and have no issues.

I have both and really can't decide which one I like best. The MFD and PFD's are very similar. They are different relative to systems and performance and handling. The Citation X requires close attention to throttles. It can get away from you very quickly as it very powerful. The X does have the added Vertical Path display and VNAV path which the Legacy does not. The documentation on the X leaves out the auto-flight systems completely so you have to tinker with them; which is OK by me. The X will not capture ALT on a VNAV path descent, but no problem, just manually hold altitude. However the documentation does not mention the lateral or vertical flight modes, so I'm not sure if it is a bug. I would probably recommend the X since it is the newer of the two and has the added display features. The FPS is the same. Both are fun to fly and IMHO the best of class (business jets) that I have found available for FS9 or FSX. Descent on VNAV path.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175587.jpg

Guest martin842

Thanks to all of you for taking the time and effort to answer my question. I really appreciate it.I looked at the Eaglesoft Citation, but it seems that you have to buy either the FS9 version or the FSX version. If you want both (as I do), it appears you have to pay for two products. Whereas Feelthere includes both FS9 and FSX versions on the same CD.The clarity of the instrumentation looks superb in that screenshot. I think I will go for the Citation for the (wholly irrational) reasons that I once had a brief trip in one, and there is a certain cachet in having the world

She is not perfect and appears to be overpowered, particularly on climb. Also be aware that Feelthere's support (they made it) is precluded by a ludicrous commercial agreement that forces all technical questions through Wilco. The process works, but is cumbersome and irritating as heck. However, my experience has been Feelthere will correct most of the problems over time and the system detail and fidelity trumps the bizarre customer support.If you need a customer support forum that is responsive in hours, not days, then Wilco is not for you. A classic case where commercials agreements make sense for everyone but the paying customer. Bob..

Guest martin842

Thanks for the extra info, Bob.I was originally put off Feelthere/Wilco by criticisms of the support, but the two aircraft themselves seem very highly regarded. I so rarely seek real technical support that I am happy to take my chances with them. (I think the real reason why I never need support is that I am so far behind everyone else that by the time I encounter a problem, the issue has already been asked and answered on the forums.)Thanks againMartin

bob:there are two responses when providing support in the context of your comment - #1: bugs (meaning functions not working as said in the provided manual or CTDs); #2: questions about how to fly/operate the aircraft (such as proper climb profile, landing speeds, how to program the FMC).bugs are to be reported through the wilco support form (http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=support_form)#2 type questions are posted (welcomed and wanted) in the UNOFFICIAL NON TECHNICAL AIRPLANE FORUM. feelthere will provide information/answers to these questions along with other users. yes, some 'type two' questions become 'type one.'--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Legacy VClegacyvc%38%300.jpgI generaly love hand flying, legacy has no autothrottle so it needs to be adjusted but once in cruize it generally stays where you put it. It has a FLC button that does the level chage for you and basically adjusts the climb rate for a set speed, abt 240 kys below 10000 and 270 kts above that. On descent i manually set descent rate as sometimes it will complain that descent rate is too high. But cosidering i dont lay with systems like this alot im doing quiet well with it even managed a visual landing into YPPD port headland with it which suprised me.

>bob:>>there are two responses when providing support in the context>of your comment - #1: bugs (meaning functions not working as>said in the provided manual or CTDs); #2: questions about how>to fly/operate the aircraft (such as proper climb profile,>landing speeds, how to program the FMC).>>bugs are to be reported through the wilco support form>(http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=support_form)>>#2 type questions are posted (welcomed and wanted) in>the UNOFFICIAL NON TECHNICAL AIRPLANE FORUM. feelthere will>provide information/answers to these questions along with>other users. yes, some 'type two' questions become 'type>one.'>Hi and thank you for the note. The documentation is so sparse on the Citation X it is difficult to cross check a feature to see if it is a bug. Secondly, why waste my time if some else has reported it? How would I know? I asked a question that has set unanswered concerning VC lighting for over a week. I assumed there was no reply because it was a specific question concerning the Citation X and not appropriate for the "Unofficial Non Technical Airplane Forum". What a name. LOL.Thanks.. Bob

>difficult to cross check a feature to see if >it is a bug.ask the question. if it is a bug one will be referred to the support form ... or more details will be requested.there is also the KNOWN BUGS list in CX information forum -http://www.iemit.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8363yes this is the SP1 beta information and shown as an example. details for SP2 are very alpha at this moment.>... why waste my time if some else has reported it? How >would I know?there is no

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

My advice, based on being a customer for 4 of their products, is: neither.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.