Sign in to follow this  
VSP4264

Weather inoperative

Default weather has not worked correctly for the last 4-5 years.  IIRC these 3rd party weather programs need to have the Sim started first, then start the weather program and let it adjust to where your flight is taking place.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi, I can recommend Active Sky 2016 by Hifi if you really want great looking real time weather in FSX and are prepared to spend a little money. It is on offer at a sale price at the moment (HiFi products are frequently in sales!). If you want to spend a little more you can combine it with Active Sky Cloud Art and the result is an excellent and immersive weather experience. I can highly recommend both!

Bill

On 11/22/2022 at 10:39 PM, charliearon said:

Default weather has not worked correctly for the last 4-5 years.  IIRC these 3rd party weather programs need to have the Sim started first, then start the weather program and let it adjust to where your flight is taking place.

AS2016, FSXWX (is a 3rd party), OPUS FSI... anyone get the real weather 😞

On 11/24/2022 at 10:02 AM, scianoir said:

Hi, I can recommend Active Sky 2016 by Hifi if you really want great looking real time weather in FSX and are prepared to spend a little money. It is on offer at a sale price at the moment (HiFi products are frequently in sales!). If you want to spend a little more you can combine it with Active Sky Cloud Art and the result is an excellent and immersive weather experience. I can highly recommend both!

Bill

Im still without sucess with AS2016.

Just tried AS2016 on my machine and it's accurate. Check the WX Control tab to insure that Live Weather is selected, then type in a local airport in the Conditions tab.

If that isn't working then it's possible that your firewall is blocking AS2016 and you might have to add it to your firewall exceptions.

Edited by airernie
  • Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

15 hours ago, airernie said:

Just tried AS2016 on my machine and it's accurate

I've been flying using AS2016 today and I can also confirm that it is giving me accurate real world weather.

Bill

I recommend FSXWX free. Easy install and use;  I've been using it since the weather in FSX stopped working and have no complains

https://www.fsxwx.com/home.htm

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez

On 12/13/2022 at 5:47 PM, Berlopez said:

I recommend FSXWX free. Easy install and use;  I've been using it since the weather in FSX stopped working and have no complains

https://www.fsxwx.com/home.htm

Berlopez

For me don´t functional over 1 year... simply don´t download any data, in the website of developer, others users report same thing! this is a best weather engine on FSX history!

Have you considered whether something like a firewall or antivirus might be preventing these various weather addons from downloading real weather?

Bill

4 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Have you considered whether something like a firewall or antivirus might be preventing these various weather addons from downloading real weather?

Bill

Good idea, but today, on this exact moment, FS Real WX Lite and FSI Opus are operational, except some airports, because NOAA don´t update in brazil.

I always get updated weather and periodically double check it. Active Sky Next-Steam Edition still works. I hope I didn't jinx it. It is a really good program to run with FSX-Steam. You will need your preference of cloud textures or weather visual enhancements. I use Zinertek World Environment 2012 for FSX. Clouds like nice with ASN weather engine. It is sold on FSX-Steam edition DLC store. 

Edited by me1900

Doyle Edwards

After nearly a month of not simming, because I am moving and changing address, we landed today on our permanent new address, since we arrived weve been having issues with the internet, lucky for me my girlfriend is a savy at this things and ,we recieved by our new provider a signal amplifier, go figure how to code and make the thing recieve the modems' signal and send it all over the house ! Now at 10 mins. to midnight she tells me to go to my new office and try. Well how and what can you say I am writting thi right now, Juppy! Just tested my FSXWX and it's working; ALAS!

VPS4264 delete your wxmapping.bin create a new one using the same editor and place it in its' place.

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez
info

On 12/17/2022 at 7:51 PM, Berlopez said:

After nearly a month of not simming, because I am moving and changing address, we landed today on our permanent new address, since we arrived weve been having issues with the internet, lucky for me my girlfriend is a savy at this things and ,we recieved by our new provider a signal amplifier, go figure how to code and make the thing recieve the modems' signal and send it all over the house ! Now at 10 mins. to midnight she tells me to go to my new office and try. Well how and what can you say I am writting thi right now, Juppy! Just tested my FSXWX and it's working; ALAS!

VPS4264 delete your wxmapping.bin create a new one using the same editor and place it in its' place.

Berlopez

How i can create a new wxmapping.bin?