Sign in to follow this  
tull

GSX Pro...Im enjoying it and might purchase it?

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

Umberto mentioned that he would try to delete the MSFS one when I mentioned dual marshallers once,  but I recently forgot to disable AI comms after landing and it requested a gate so I told GSX to give me the same gate. There were 2 when I got there. Maybe he just hasn't gotten around to it?

To get rid of the default MSFS marshaller, edit the aircraft.cfg so that

MARSHALLER = 0

• Like 2

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

Thanks everybody I remember now how I dealt with this issue in P3D days but had forgotten:  after exiting the runway I would come to a full stop at the first fork in the taxiway needing a decision then summon the gate in GSX, then go from there so this of course hides the stutter since you're stopped.  I'm clearly OCD on stutter-elimination.

One last question:  are the animations tolerable for the marshaller?  I remember when this first released it really was kind of weak I guess compared to MSFS ground crew.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Stearmandriver said:

You can select your arrival gate with GSX on descent, once below 10,000ft and 250kts

Not helpful at all when going into Bogotá (8360 ft MASL).

• Like 2

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

3 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Not helpful at all when going into Bogotá (8360 ft MASL).

Ok, but maybe helpful for the 95%+ of world airports that aren't high elevation?  Well done finding the outlier case though; certainly that wouldn't have occurred to anyone else.   😁

• Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

Yet again, more confusion and fiddling rather than clarification.

Is there a manual I can peruse prior to making a purchasing decision?

For example, can I select a specific gate while on approach that I want GSX to take me to? Is there a drop down from which to select "suitable gates". Are these the gates that are configured already for use with GSX?

Ideally, for me at least, this program would do the following:

Part 1: Preparation for boarding and departure

- Allows me to reposition my aircraft to a "suitable parking spot" where GSX can "do its thing". - refueling, catering, luggage, boarding of crew, boarding of passengers, pushback, etc.

Part 2: Approach, landing, taxi to the gate

- Allows me to select a "suitable gate" prior to landing, upon landing I can call up a follow-me car, at the gate I can make use of all GSX features as soon as I arrive at the gate. 

I almost never fly into default airports - it's either freeware from flightsim.to, handcrafted from Asobo, or payware. 

Can GSX Pro do that without much of a fuss?

Edited by Ricardo41

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Is there a manual I can peruse prior to making a purchasing decision?

There's a link to download the manual on our forum.

- Allows me to reposition my aircraft to a "suitable parking spot" where GSX can "do its thing". - refueling, catering, luggage, boarding of crew, boarding of passengers, pushback, etc.

Sure it does that. 

- Allows me to select a "suitable gate" prior to landing, upon landing I can call up a follow-me car, at the gate I can make use of all GSX features as soon as I arrive at the gate. 

It does that as well

For example, can I select a specific gate while on approach that I want GSX to take me to? Is there a drop down from which to select "suitable gates". Are these the gates that are configured already for use with GSX?

That's exactly how it works, and the gates that are considered "suitable" are the ones with a radius larger than half of your wingspan. Everything about this behavior can be customized as well since:

1) You can decide to use a parking even if it's not suitable, GSX will just warn you about it, but let you use it anyway

2) You can customize that parking spots max wingspan, without changing the actual scenery

3) You have a global setting to ignore the plane wingspan, and let you use anything, without warnings

4) You can even use a parking spot that is occupied by an AI, GSX will tell you and, if you really want to use it, it will destroy the AI.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Is it possible to connect the GSX provided GPU to the 737 PMDG?

Yes, but it won't do anything, since only the PMDG GPU can charge the PMDG electrical system.

• Like 1

I bought it and so far it's working well overall I'm just not sure how to shorten boarding time and also increase the number of PAX loading from a bus.  I think I was expecting a way to enter the number of PAX but seems like it's a "density" slider or something.  So two issues:  how to get much more PAX coming by bus (I was supposed to have 120 PAX load into the B738.  When I requested boarding it seems like it was only a dozen PAX then the bus drove off.  And yet when I used a jetway it took forever to board PAX.  Where do you control the number of PAX and how fast they load?

Great job FSDT this was a challenging work!  The integration with PMDG 738 is pretty remarkable.  It's the only plane I've tried so far.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 hours ago, Noel said:

Where do you control the number of PAX and how fast they load?

There is a timings button when you go to GSX settings. I set mine to the 2nd most dense setting which goes fairly quickly. You'll probably find that baggage loading takes the most time especially if the aircraft is using only belt loaders.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

3 hours ago, Noel said:

I bought it and so far it's working well overall I'm just not sure how to shorten boarding time and also increase the number of PAX loading from a bus.  I think I was expecting a way to enter the number of PAX but seems like it's a "density" slider or something.  So two issues:  how to get much more PAX coming by bus (I was supposed to have 120 PAX load into the B738.  When I requested boarding it seems like it was only a dozen PAX then the bus drove off.  And yet when I used a jetway it took forever to board PAX.  Where do you control the number of PAX and how fast they load?

Great job FSDT this was a challenging work!  The integration with PMDG 738 is pretty remarkable.  It's the only plane I've tried so far.  

The number of PAX is being taken from Simbrief, the boarding speed as the one above me said is controlled by the passenger density slider in the GSX settings. I have it on „dense“ and it takes about 15 minutes to board a full 737-800 from a jetway, which is fine for me.

Thanks for that--it's really quite well done I must say!

Noel

I also use A Pilot's Life v2 and PACX.  APLv2 uses Simbrief so that's handy as I'm already using Simbrief in this role though I manually input the waypoints on my route and this gives me something to do while GSX does its thing.  My habit is to select a gate in the World Planner close to the departure runway to cut down on taxi time.  GSX has often told me when the flight first loads the departure gate/ramp is 'too small' for my plane, then I have to choose a different gate thru GSX and often have no idea where the numbered gate will be relative to the departure runway.  Can you think of a work around for this?

Also, the female voice that orates GSX is very loud and yet GSX ground crew is not loud enough.  Not sure which of the controls affects the volume of female GSX director.

Noel

On 11/26/2022 at 6:05 AM, virtuali said:

2) You can customize that parking spots max wingspan, without changing the actual scenery

These parking max-wingspan changes will be applicable for user aircraft only, right? I mean, having AI using these new wingspan limits would be beyond GSX's scope?

On 11/26/2022 at 6:05 AM, virtuali said:

4) You can even use a parking spot that is occupied by an AI, GSX will tell you and, if you really want to use it, it will destroy the AI.

Only AI aircraft, right? This is because I'm using LVFR Static Aircraft bundle, and I don't know if their aircraft are considered as AI or as scenery objects.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.