Sign in to follow this  
tull

GSX Pro...Im enjoying it and might purchase it?

25 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

What you experience in P3D is not the actual GSX but the GSX/Sode-jetways that load in. In MSFS nothing from GSX gets loaded in during landing, at least on 3rd party airports. It gets only loaded in after landing when you choose your gate.

Have you noticed any stutters when loading after landing?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

14 minutes ago, Noel said:

About a half second after clicking on my desired gate, nothing before or after that.

56 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

It gets only loaded in after landing when you choose your gate.

30 minutes ago, Noel said:

13 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

About a half second after clicking on my desired gate, nothing before or after that.

That's the other stutter I get in P3D using GSX, but I accepted it as a fact of life. My wallet won't like this hahaha

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

29 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

And what happens if you don't select a gate?  ATC directs you to go a gate and GSX doesn't know this.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

After landing, ignore the built-in ATC. Just select your gate from GSX and go park.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

15 minutes ago, Noel said:

And what happens if you don't select a gate?  ATC directs you to go a gate and GSX doesn't know this.

Just select the gate in GSX that ATC gave you...? I don't understand the problem.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Noel said:

I don't know (yet) if this happens in MSFS. In P3D, you can never request a gate and just go to wherever ATC sends you. After parking (without marshallers, obviously), as soon as you open the GSX menu, you get all the boarding/deboarding/operate jetway/stairs options. Does this happen also in MSFS?

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

55 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Just select the gate in GSX that ATC gave you...? I don't understand the problem.

I generally recreate real life flights that I find on FlightAware, and I use the departing and arrival gates that the real flight used. 

After I land, I acknowledge the handoff to ground and then request my gate through GSX and park. If I acknowledge the handoff and contact ground, it will assign me a random gate so I don't do that.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

So GSX does not operate unless a gate is selected, yes?  I'm asking because I go to extraordinary lengths to avoid stutters of any kind.  I know that is not always going to be possible but that is my goal.  What if for example the following sequence occurs:

1.  I land at an airport.

2.  ATC sends me to a specific gate and I follow the blue taxi ribbon to the gate

3.  Once at the gate and stopped, can I then activate GSX for that gate?

This would eliminate the stutter but will GSX then work?

Noel

23 minutes ago, Noel said:

So GSX does not operate unless a gate is selected, yes?  I'm asking because I go to extraordinary lengths to avoid stutters of any kind.  I know that is not always going to be possible but that is my goal.  What if for example the following sequence occurs:

2.  ATC sends me to a specific gate and I follow the blue taxi ribbon to the gate

Well yes, I guess. But you will miss out on any VDGS that comes with GSX profiles or at the very least on the GSX marshaller.

35 minutes ago, Noel said:

And you will end up with 2 marshallers, the GSX one,  and the MSFS one.  

After landing,  acknowledge the ground handoff from ATC and do NOT request taxi to the gate from ATC. Activate GSX and request your gate.  If you need directions,  use the follow me car.  

@Noel, the stutter I got after selecting a gate lasted only one-two seconds and then it was back to smooth in P3D. I guess this slowdown is mostly because of drive access. I hope it happens the same in MSFS.

8 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

And you will end up with 2 marshallers, the GSX one,  and the MSFS one.  

Isn't the MSFS marshaller excluded?

Best regards,

Umberto mentioned that he would try to delete the MSFS one when I mentioned dual marshallers once,  but I recently forgot to disable AI comms after landing and it requested a gate so I told GSX to give me the same gate. There were 2 when I got there. Maybe he just hasn't gotten around to it?

You can select your arrival gate with GSX on descent, once below 10,000ft and 250kts.  This is a silly restriction that could probably be done away with - there's no reason not to be able to select a gate while still in cruise - but it still gives you plenty of time to not have to select a gate after landing.  Everything is just already waiting when you land. 

The biggest annoyance I have with arrival gates - and this isn't really the fault of GSX - is that gates are so often mis-labeled in MSFS.  I may see on a real-world chart that I want to park on C20 at this airport, and that's where I'll tell a Vatsim controller I'm going. But MSFS may call that spot 113 - something completely unrecognizable in a menu. So it's often difficult to use GSX for arrival at a specific gate, unless you know from previous sim flights what that gate is called. It would really be nice if a map could be used to choose parking spaces, like you can use to choose a departure gate.

Edited by Stearmandriver

Andrew Crowley

41 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

You can select your arrival gate with GSX on descent, once below 10,000ft and 250kts.  This is a silly restriction that could probably be done away with - there's no reason not to be able to select a gate while still in cruise - but it still gives you plenty of time to not have to select a gate after landing.  Everything is just already waiting when you land. 

The biggest annoyance I have with arrival gates - and this isn't really the fault of GSX - is that gates are so often mis-labeled in MSFS.  I may see on a real-world chart that I want to park on C20 at this airport, and that's where I'll tell a Vatsim controller I'm going. But MSFS may call that spot 113 - something completely unrecognizable in a menu. So it's often difficult to use GSX for arrival at a specific gate, unless you know from previous sim flights what that gate is called. It would really be nice if a map could be used to choose parking spaces, like you can use to choose a departure gate.

This should only happen with default airports, though. GSX gets the information from the AFCAD, so if it's 3rd party it's whatever they called the gates (most are correct in my experience), and if it's default it's fantasy of course.