Sign in to follow this  
Baber20

X-Plane 12 Beta 14 is released

Beta 14

• XPD-13432 – Fix for washed out forests.
  • XPD-13433 – Possible cloud type/coverage bug.
  • XPD-13423 – Crash cancelling landing clearance under some circumstances.
  • XPD-13388 – Create Multi-Texture Allocate API.
  • XPD-13387 – Allocation Arenas for VRAM based on lifetime.
  • XPD-13367 – Filing a flightplan airborne while already controlled clears most status, potentially making it impossible to continue.
  • XPD-13087 – Flickering of shadows starting after a few minutes when using real weather – frequency dependent on camera movement speed.
  • XPD-13085 – Taxiways on some airports blocked by underpass object.
  • XPD-12793 – Cloud transfer buffer is repeatedly re-allocated.
  • XPD-12783 – Some residential roads have no streetlights at all.
  • XPD-13435 – Improve SSAO on terrain at altitude.
  • XPD-13422 – Tone down color temperature changes.
  • XPD-13418 – Remove more outdated Aerosoft custom airports.
  • XPD-13413 – Library: legacy OBJ-based trees are now deprecated.
  • XPD-13412 – For airports with no defined flows, autogen’d flows should be created for low-vis conditions where not all runways have ILS.
  • XPD-13410 – Approach altitude steps are transmitting before checking terrain avoidance resulting in unnecessary calls.
  • XPD-13397 – From Bug Report: A330 Airbus Interior Objects not “hi res” in Plane Maker.
  • XPD-13343 – SDK DataRef “sim/flightmodel/position/true_psi” contains negative values.
  • XPD-13090 – Unable to rotate elevator from dataref.
  • XPD-12993 – Tree shadow visibility too short and without fade in.
  • XPD-12258 – B737: Crazy flap fairings motion when it’s used as AI.
  • XPD-13407 – Further tuning of the Cirrus SF50 yaw damper system.
  • XPD-13399 – Service Ceiling was too low and affecting cleared altitudes.
  • XPD-13400 – Readback of “Approach Cancelled” message showed a phrase expansion code.
  • XPD-13358 – Saitek Pro Throttle Quadrant image on Windows is of poor quality.
  • Like 7

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

So, what's the latest. Are there any plans for XP to support DLSS?  I think DLSS has become a must now with performance increases.  How long will it take for these guys to support it. That's the question.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

So, what's the latest. Are there any plans for XP to support DLSS?  I think DLSS has become a must now with performance increases.  How long will it take for these guys to support it. That's the question.

Why not ask Austin Meyers 🙄

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

7 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Why not ask Austin Meyers 🙄

It's a Supnik thing....

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

4 minutes ago, jcomm said:

It's a Supnik thing....

he is the developer , but ya he can ask them both. But the decisive factor would be Austinl

Edited by Humpty

6 minutes ago, Humpty said:

he is the developer , but ya he can ask them both. But the decisive factor would be Austinl

No no no! Me is!

I hate that acronym - DLSS - because I can't pronnounce it correctly, so I asked Austin to simply leave that out!

😜

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

13 minutes ago, jcomm said:

No no no! Me is!

I hate that acronym - DLSS - because I can't pronnounce it correctly, so I asked Austin to simply leave that out!

😜

Oh no !

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

I think DLSS has become a must now with performance increases. 

I think you are wrong, and developing FSR further at some point in the future is the correct development direction.

but given I'm getting my 90fps in VR with b14 in all the aircraft I care about, I'd rather they spend that dev budget on openXR support first. 8k displays are not the future.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

5 hours ago, Greazer said:

Doubt DLSS will ever get implemented but they really need to add motion vectors for the possibility of adding FSR 2.x and beyond. Would do wonders. 

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, Yogipriester said:

How about fixing the big problem with AMD graphic cards under Linux?

Soon. Per Sidney's comment:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/7405

"We are actually really close to shipping Vulkan with Zink on both Windows and Linux. We are actually mostly just waiting on a new driver on the red team side on Windows to fix an issue with Zink interop. The goal is to make it into 12.00 before the final release or if the driver update takes longer in one of the very first updates post launch."

In other words, they are waiting for AMD to get their act together on Windows drivers. Then everyone will function correctly together.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

1 hour ago, JETPETER2 said:

is any fix yet to stutter and pausing ?

what's the xpd you are thinking of?

they fixed:

XPD-13316 – Excessive XPLMGetFMSEntryInfo performance cost.

All the way back in beta 10. By the sound of what Philip just said in the webstream they have the big hit entering a flight plan fixed in the next beta - and I hadn't filed that one.

If you are talking about stutters and pauses caused by 3rd party plugins you haven't updated for 4 years, then the bad news is no amount of changes to Laminars code will fix the code of 3rd parties...

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer