Sign in to follow this  
MikeH99

Majestic Q400 MSFS Announcement

10 minutes ago, Reader said:

The idea that because the customer has "paid money", they are entitled to updates, free or otherwise,
to every future flight simulator and quickly too
, is also mistaken, though in certain parts of the first world,
apparently that is exactly what is perceived.

Nobody here has said that.  The main gist of the conversation is some people don't want to pay Majestic good money again, for a port over, if the textures etc. are FSX quality.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, ZoblebV8 said:

I wonder who will be the last to arrive at the party, Majestic or A2A...

Majestic.  You will see A2A next year.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

35 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Nobody here has said that.  The main gist of the conversation is some people don't want to pay Majestic good money again, for a port over, if the textures etc. are FSX quality.

Agreed, if they come up with an "acceptable" price since is a port-over (apart from the system), it won't be a bad deal. But if they ask for a premium price for something coming from FSX, then we need to talk again.

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, level7 said:

Tough crowd ...

I would have thought people would be more excited about having the systems details in MSFS

Developers need to stop using "systems details" as an excuse for not making use of design features offered by MSFS 2020

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Whilst I agree that flight simmers can be a tough crowd at times, I do agree that there is no excuse for low resolution textures on anything in 2022.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

12 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

It will be ready in 2027

That might give Asobo enough time to fix turboprop engine modelling.

14 hours ago, MikeH99 said:

Flight Simulator 2020 has certainly made considerable strides over the last two years

and again in the last 2 weeks with the 40th anniversary edition. certainly.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

2 hours ago, Reader said:

The idea that "paying money" entitles the customer to behave in any way that they wish is mistaken,
though in certain parts of the first world, apparently that is exactly what is perceived.

The idea that because the customer has "paid money", they are entitled to updates, free or otherwise,
to every future flight simulator and quickly too, is also mistaken, though in certain parts of the first world,
apparently that is exactly what is perceived.

Ok you’re looking way too deep into it. We choose to pay our money yes…. But flight simulation is a niche hobby right? If we chose not to buy a port over dash how long until we get one we like?

We hold these devs to high regard, and we want to give them our money… but port over cmon. 

13 hours ago, Purr said:

Really agree with the sentiment here--I loved the Q400 in P3D, but man, seriously..."port over"...? Majestic, it's really time to have a vc re-do that looks like 2022 (or 2025 when it finally gets released lol). Coding and systems without an update will be exactly the fate of the Maddog..."meh". I really wanted to fly the Maddog again in MSFS and bought it right away, but I don't fly it simply because it makes me feel like I'm stuck in an old version of P3D. Come on, Majestic, you guys are amazing! If you do this right there should be a good amount of $ in it for you!

How about Majestic does everything except vc textures, which can be left to...well...Carenado?? : )

My 2c

Indeed, why not Carenado? They do have some lovely textures which is mostly what people care about anyway...oh, and an 8k cabin too.

Ever wondered why the likes of A2A or majestic are "late to the party"?

13 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

for the money we fork out

How much will this be? I paid $36 for the Pro version for P3D (during a Black Friday; base price was around $60); and MSFS addons tend to be cheaper than their P3D equivalents.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

50 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

How much will this be? I paid $36 for the Pro version for P3D (during a Black Friday; base price was around $60); and MSFS addons tend to be cheaper than their P3D equivalents.

Don’t know like you don’t know, how much was the Maddog compared to the p3d version? Still don’t get why people are defending a port over when other devs have done the build from scratch at low prices? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

I was kind of hoping a certain DASH 7 would land soon.. 

And maybe that Dev will get to work on a Dash 8 in the near future…that would be awesome and keep us from having to wait years for Majestic. 

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, level7 said:

Tough crowd ...

I would have thought people would be more excited about having the systems details in MSFS

I love systems, avionics etc.  But not at the expense of a decade old model.  That's lazy on their part.  Maybe we're all overreacting and it will look amazing - let's hope!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

33 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I love systems, avionics etc.  But not at the expense of a decade old model.  That's lazy on their part.  Maybe we're all overreacting and it will look amazing - let's hope!

Perhaps graphical modeling is not their thing and they need to look for external help.  I mean even the visual enhancement project hardly made things much better.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I guess that you guys have been spoiled by the ultra realistic graphics in MSFS. I do not recall the VC graphics being all that bad in the P3Dv4 version.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png