Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

The HJET Rules

Just an avid  owner and I have no objections to the HJET.  It does everything well especially VNAV.  I can't wait for the WT 3000 updates but will abide until then.   Really fun to fly bird that I highly recommend.

sp

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

You are so right Sky! The vnav is so rewarding. I’d love to see vnav like the HJ in all aircraft that have a vnav button.

• Like 2

Jetline Systems, Windows 10 Professional, Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro Ax LG 1200, Intel Core i9 10900K Ten Core, Corsair H100 240mm Liquid Cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR SDRAM 3200MHz, 10GB Nvidea GeForce RTX 3080 GDDR6X, 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD, 1000 watt Gold Power Supply.

1st RULE: You do not talk about HJET FLIGHT CLUB
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about HJET FLIGHT CLUB
3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the flight is over.
4th RULE: Only two guys to a flight.
5th RULE: One flight at a time.
6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.
7th RULE: Flights will go on as long as they have to.
8th RULE: If this is your first night at HJET FLIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fly.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

1st RULE: You do not talk about HJET FLIGHT CLUB
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about HJET FLIGHT CLUB
3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the flight is over.
4th RULE: Only two guys to a flight.
5th RULE: One flight at a time.
6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.
7th RULE: Flights will go on as long as they have to.
8th RULE: If this is your first night at HJET FLIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fly.

Excel log at 50% view size. Could not get all the way back to mid July when this Hjet entrancement began...  Connecting the dots, and total bliss.

image.thumb.png.953e7bcdd17840cb61b77f3bb22713c5.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I was so lucky recently to be carted around in a Citation XL and get a chance to have an inflight review of systems and then have have lunch with our pilots to talk more about systems.  The developer did a fine job of modeling HJet. 

• Like 2

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

1 minute ago, FrankR409 said:

I was so lucky recently to be carted around in a Citation XL and get a chance to have an inflight review of systems and then have have lunch with our pilots to talk more about systems.  The developer did a fine job of modeling HJet. 

And he is not done yet!

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

When you take off in the HJET you are thimking this is what flying is about.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

When you take off in the HJET you are thimking this is what flying is about.

sp

I gained my instrument rating in 1972 in a Baron equivilent T42.  No longer current, in recent years I put in numerous hours in the right seat of a friends GNS530/STEC outfitted C310, and a number of right seat hours in a GTN750 equipped B58. After logging over 300 hours in RXP based FSX models I will only say that when I take of in a Hjet I am thinking this is what flying has become. Certainly not about what it once was, neither is much else of what is real today vs yesterday.

Flying the Hjet is true to the Hondajet it models, and for those like me who were steeped in GA, it still with its speed in all flight phases requires a good deal of flight management. As an example the Hjet is high performance and does not provide autothrottle. Stepped climbs and stepped STARS can be quite challenging and requires experience to master.  So do not attempt to pass the Hjet off as a self-flying aircraft.  It is nowhere near that.  Just more simplistic in several respects.  Not too much different from Diamond DA40's or 62's in many respects.

And my BMW X3's sutomotive interactive systems could benefit greatly from a study of what Honda and Garmin have done with aircraft. 

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
ASUS 

There is so much good feedback about this plane, I might take a look at it over the Christmas break.

Are people saying it is well worth paying the money, even after the free CT4 (enhanced by WT) and Longitude?
Seems like MS / Asobo / WT will be doing a proper job on those anyway.

Edit:  As it seems to have relatively short field performance, and a range of about 1200NM, I am wondering if this might be a better choice for my planned round-the-world flight.  

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I love it! It's quick to start, prep and get airborne quickly. The only critique I have is the G3000. I really hate that you HAVE to select a transition (because sometimes you don't). Granted this isn't the developer's fault and it is being worked on by WT. So once that annoyance is fixed it will be perfect! I find I like the business jets more and more, same procedures at the big guys with far less work (the FMS).

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Lotharen said:

I find I like the business jets more and more, same procedures at the big guys with far less work (the FMS).

I feel the same, I mostly fly Longitude but am interested in buying this one, does it have autothrottle?

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

@Ixoye No, not really. It has a MCT throttle setting but you have to manually adjust for climb and decent. On decent it will adhere to constrants using VNV from the bit Ive used it. Still learning so someone with more experience can elaborate.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if there is a good StreamDeck XL profile for it? My favorite author of them @guenseli unfortunately has not done this one but would really like to try this jet.

Eric