Sign in to follow this  
Guest martin842

default C172 flight model

Guest firepots

I'm wondering if someone has an upgrade to the default C172. I've noticed a performance glitch when executing precision 180's from the downwind leg to the TDZ. I'm a commercial pilot and when I set up for this in FSX the rate of descent is about twice that of what it is in real life. Anyone else noticed this bizarre rates of descent? This selecting 10 degrees of flap, zero thrust, and 70 knots KIAS.

Have you looked into Flight 1's C172 for FSX?Not sure if it has what you're looking for but F1 always has a 30 day refund policy if it doesnt....http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=esd172

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest martin842

In FS9, if you wanted a good C172, then there were two choices. Either the payware Flight1 C172, or the freeware RealAir modification of the default C172. Both were highly regarded in FS9. There are lots of threads on this (the FSX) forum dealing with these two aircraft. These threads will give you some idea of how well they perform.In FSX, the payware Flight1 C172 has been patched to make it work with FSX. And it works just as well in FSX as it did in FS9. I don

I was able to get the RealAir to work in FSX. I used a program called Winmerge (google it) to compare the FSX aircraft.cfg with the RealAir aircraft.cfg, moved over the missing stuff from the FSX file to the RealAir file, edited the flightsim.x sections, and then placed the RealAir aircraft.cfg and .air files into a copy of the FSX C172 directory and it works very well. I've only got 100 or so hours in a C172 from 10 years ago, but it feels much better to me when approaching stall etc..Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

>Have a look on the RealAir forum,Does RealAir actually have a forum?

Guest martin842

I just assumed they had. But, now that you ask, I went looking, and there is no sign of one on their website. There is a "Sign In" link, so perhaps (if it exists) it is only visible and available to registered users.Unusual not to have one.Martin