Sign in to follow this  
paradisca1

Orbx Black Friday Sale

• Upvote 1

Dell Precision T3610, Windows 7 x64 + Windows XP x32 (dual boot)
Intel Xeon Processor ES-1620 v2, 4 core, 3.70 GHz
8GD DDR3-1600 
Nvidia GTX 960,  Dell U3011 (3560 x 1600 px) + Asus Pa245Q (1929 x 1200px)
FSX Acceleration

7 hours ago, steve310002 said:

Interesting. Pity they don't have the 50% off and bigger discounts like they used to.

Definitely

• Like 1

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

8 hours ago, steve310002 said:

Interesting. Pity they don't have the 50% off and bigger discounts like they used to.

Yep  The prices are too high for FSX sceneries that nobody buys now.  I think FSXsceneries should be heavily discounted

Regards,

Aharon

• Like 1

signCopy.jpg

7 hours ago, Aharon said:

Yep  The prices are too high for FSX sceneries that nobody buys now.  I think FSXsceneries should be heavily discounted

Regards,

Aharon

...The prices are too high for FSX sceneries that nobody buys now....

I do and 40% off is fine with me. :>)

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 8:46 PM, newtie said:

...The prices are too high for FSX sceneries that nobody buys now....

I do and 40% off is fine with me. :>)

You are missing my point.  If everybody is moving to MS2020 or XP-11/12 meaning that there is very very tiny percent of flight simmers who use FSX, then the sale prices of FSX products should have better discount rates that any MS2020 or XP-11/12 products YET I see MS2020 and XP-11/12 products having BETTER discount rates than FSX products!! Why is that if software companies have no problem selling MS2020 or XP-11/12 products yet those get better discount rates than FSX products that are no longer selling well

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

4 hours ago, Aharon said:

You are missing my point.  If everybody is moving to MS2020 or XP-11/12 meaning that there is very very tiny percent of flight simmers who use FSX, then the sale prices of FSX products should have better discount rates that any MS2020 or XP-11/12 products YET I see MS2020 and XP-11/12 products having BETTER discount rates than FSX products!! Why is that if software companies have no problem selling MS2020 or XP-11/12 products yet those get better discount rates than FSX products that are no longer selling well

Regards,

Aharon

I use P3D 4.5 Looks good. Flies good. Although I typically fly A2A GA Aircraft only.

Anyone have any experience with the Asian airports on sale? Stuff from WF scenery and perhaps Cloudsurf though strangely not on sale. Also, Phuket is tempting as well.

- Aaron

Maybe I’m completely out of it; but are there any FSX/P3D->MSFS upgrade discounts for Orbx nowadays?  (Particularly asking for BUR)

Thanks

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

3 hours ago, slait said:

Anyone have any experience with the Asian airports on sale? Stuff from WF scenery and perhaps Cloudsurf though strangely not on sale. Also, Phuket is tempting as well.

All very good sceneries. WF scenery produce the best airports for China.

• Like 1

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

15 hours ago, Aharon said:

Regards,

Aharon

Hi Aharon, I'm as perplexed as you, and while I would also have expected much larger discounts on antiquated platforms, I get the impression that prices and discounts are rather based on volumes sold.

For example, it is reported that MSFS2020 has sold in significantly larger volumes (boosted by the console market), than FSX or P3D ever did. So a developer can probably move 100,000 products on MSFS, compared to sales of only 2,000 on FSX and maybe 5,000 on P3D. Even at half the price on MSFS, he/she will make substantially more money. Perhaps demand on older platforms have now become inelastic (ie insensitive to price), whereby even if they discount to 90%, they will still only move maybe 10-20% more product than at a small discount. Hence not worth giving away the last little blood they can still squeeze from that old rock?

That is the only logic that makes sense to me, but I have no insight as to the sensitivity of sales volume to discount level, apart form mere guesswork and trying to understand the lack of logic.

• Like 1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

7 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Maybe I’m completely out of it; but are there any FSX/P3D->MSFS upgrade discounts for Orbx nowadays?  (Particularly asking for BUR)

Think there was for MSFS KBUR v1. Then came the free v2 update for v1 owners.

Check by logging-in to your account online or in Orbx Central, click on each MSFS product that interests you and which had a P3D forebear.
If an upgrade discount exists, it will display next to the price (I've bought a few Orbx products for MSFS this way).

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter