Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

GSX gate assignments

I would like to reassign BA aircraft to park at JFK's terminal 8 from 1st December (when terminal 7 closes). Can I do this by just changing the airline code in the GSX gate menu?

Thx

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

If you are meaning for AI to use then no. You need to edit the airport ADE for that.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

7 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

If you are meaning for AI to use then no. You need to edit the airport ADE for that.

I've always avoided this programme as it seems so complicated! Is there a good tutorial on it? Is it easy to get to grips with?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

1 hour ago, BWBriscoe said:

I've always avoided this programme as it seems so complicated! Is there a good tutorial on it? Is it easy to get to grips with?

simple search on utube  will bring  up lots  of  tutorials  on it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You can also probably find user edited ade's for most payware airports. Do you have any specific airports in mind? Also, what P3D version?

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Dave -- any suggestions as to where to find the edited ADEs?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

There are two commercial JFKs. DD and FSDreamteam. The modified AFCAD for DD can be found here…

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=39784.0

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, abranpuko said:

hello. can we choose the gate while flying approach with GSX pro?

Yes. You must be below FL100 or 10,000ft and <250kts.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

55 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Yes. You must be below FL100 or 10,000ft and <250kts.

thank you!

On 11/24/2022 at 1:55 AM, BWBriscoe said:

I would like to reassign BA aircraft to park at JFK's terminal 8 from 1st December (when terminal 7 closes). Can I do this by just changing the airline code in the GSX gate menu?

Thx

On 11/24/2022 at 5:05 AM, Dave_YVR said:

FYI

I read in one of the GSX forum threads, that setting the Airline Codes in GSX gate menu will actually override any global setting coming from the AFCAD, according to Umberto.

So i would try and change the airlines codes for Terminal 8 gates at JFK, and enter the code BAW. This should take effect for the British Airways AI to arrive at that terminal.

However, I believe you would also need to add all the other airlines codes for other resident airlines at Terminal 8 into the GSX Airline Codes field too since there appears to be no connection between the airline codes maintained in the AFCAD being exported/sent to GSX.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

4 hours ago, 787flyer said:

I read in one of the GSX forum threads, that setting the Airline Codes in GSX gate menu will actually override any global setting coming from the AFCAD, according to Umberto.

Almost right, but not quite.

They will override the codes found in the scenery AFCAD, but their only use will be as "Tie Breakers" to give those operators a scoring boost, to the one they already had assigned, based on GSX normal rules. Which means, if after GSX founds that, according to its own operator assignment rules, there are two or more operators TIED with the maximum score (so they would normally appear in the GSX operator selection menu), the Arline Codes of the Parking, will boost the score of the ones that would have otherwise tied. And if, after adding the scoring boost, there are still two or more operators possible, there will be an operator choice menu, which would otherwise disappear if there was only one choice ( no point having a menu with just one choice ).

All of this, affects only the USER airplane. Nothing you do in GSX will have any effect on AI.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, virtuali said:

Almost right, but not quite.

They will override the codes found in the scenery AFCAD, but their only use will be as "Tie Breakers" to give those operators a scoring boost, to the one they already had assigned, based on GSX normal rules. Which means, if after GSX founds that, according to its own operator assignment rules, there are two or more operators TIED with the maximum score (so they would normally appear in the GSX operator selection menu), the Arline Codes of the Parking, will boost the score of the ones that would have otherwise tied. And if, after adding the scoring boost, there are still two or more operators possible, there will be an operator choice menu, which would otherwise disappear if there was only one choice ( no point having a menu with just one choice ).

All of this, affects only the USER airplane. Nothing you do in GSX will have any effect on AI.

Thanks Umberto for the detailed explanation. That helps clarify how the Airline Codes feature is working in GSX.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!