Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zlaned

FSX an improvement on FS9 but what about the AI traffic...

Guest Zlaned

I am pleasantly suprised with the improvements of FSX over FS9. I still use the same system that FS9 is on and find the framerate hit only slightly more than FS9.Of course, I havent added the thousands of AI aircraft that I have flying in FS9.And thats my point. Will we be seeing the likes of Lee Swordys Traffic Tools for FSX, as Im itching to add some realworld traffic to FSX.Is there any program out there to do this?ThanksZlaned

Guest abulaafia

FSX native AI is possible and in the workskeep your web browser tuned to www.world-of-ai.com==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Need AI? Get AI: www.world-of-ai.com

Hi Zlaned,Do a search for skAI. It is freeware and the fellow that put it together has combined the best AI aircraft from all the various AI producers. Your skies will be filled with many AC including eastern block manufacturers. You will find the most obscure operators out there.Cheers,

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest abulaafia

YOu can also convert FS9 format AI to FSX compatibility with this tool: http://aifs.pvdveen.net/==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Need AI? Get AI: www.world-of-ai.com

Guest abulaafia

He also forgot to ask anyone's permission. That illegal file should have been removed from every site by now. ==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Need AI? Get AI: www.world-of-ai.com

>He also forgot to ask anyone's permission. That illegal file>should have been removed from every site by now. >>>==Marten:Weber==>P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250>2xVIEWSONIC 19">Need AI? Get AI: www.world-of-ai.comWell that's too bad, I didn't know that he had not obtained permission. Glad I got them when I did, not condoning what he did but it sure was nice to have everything in one package.Cheers,

\Robert Hamlich/

Yes it should not be discussed...but the ONE important thing any reader should take away from this, is that if you convert someone else's flight plans, it is imo an ethical thing to ASK THEIR PERMISSION first if you are planning on uploading anything. It's just the right thing to do.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Yes it should not be discussed...but the ONE important thing>any reader should take away from this, is that if you convert>someone else's flight plans, it is imo an ethical thing to ASK>THEIR PERMISSION first if you are planning on uploading>anything. It's just the right thing to do.>>It does appear to me to be a case of bad manners. The person that made the program does acknowledge the source of the files but for him not to ask for permission is very bad form.

>>It does appear to me to be a case of bad manners. The person>that made the program does acknowledge the source of the files>but for him not to ask for permission is very bad form.Yes. I had a thread about it on FSDeveloper called "The Ethics of Flightplan Conversions" some months ago. :)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Zlaned

Thanks for all the replies.I was actually looking to make some flightplans myself with something like ttools. I like to have a say in what flightplans are loaded into my sim.Well, it gives me somthing to do! LolWill take a look at the aifs site also, but the last time I was diverted there it was all in a language I know nothing of.Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help.Keep the suggestions comingZlaned