Sign in to follow this  
GaGarry

Exporting P2A flightplan to MSFS2020 misshandling procedures

Dear Dave

Exporting plan with SID, STAR and APR and having checked option to export procedures in MSFS they appearing in MSFS as standalone waypoints, not as procedures, so in case of need to replace the procedure it takes time and effort. Option "export waypoints for procedures"is off

Can't find how to attach images, if somebody helps - will put them here

Thanks!
Igor

That's a .pln export for you and why you have the option to export without procedures.  If you look inside a plan exported FROM MSFS, you see it shows a SID as a series of waypoints, not as a named procedure.  Same for the STAR and Approach.

If you want to import the plan and then use it as in the real world, do the export without procedures and then add the procedures in your FMS or GPS unit.  Just be sure the resulting flight plan matches what's in P2A so you will be flying the same route.

Dave

• Like 1

So if I understood you right: pln file has no way (and plans 🙂to use link to the procedures, but  have exporting procedures expanded to waypoints chain? 

Thanks!

Igor

You would have to ask Microsoft what their plans are, but their .pln format does not currently have the names of procedures and the enroute waypoints. You can demonstrate this by entering your plan in MSFS and then saving the plan as a .pln file.  If you get a different result, because MSFS is making changes all the time, email me the file and I will see if I can support exporting to the new format.

When P2A imports a .pln, if the procedure names are specified in the waypoints, we do break it out and show the procedures in P2A.  

Dave