Sign in to follow this  
lliaudais

HOWTO increase CTRL+or- Zoom Speed? its slooooow

HOWTO increase CTRL+or- Zoom Speed? its slooooowat least on my computerstandard zoom in/out real speedyCTR zoom in/out is slooooowshould be something in Cameras.cfg, but what I tried didnt work (starts to stutter).Also can you create your own xtra views that can be cicled with the A key?E6600 with 8800GTS640MBanyone?thxmt

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

mt,I haven't run across anything at all about the Ctrl_+ 'zoom' which moves the viewpoint - I also think it's a little too slow but have never thought much more about it.The extra views issue is a very definite 'yes'.You can add as many views as you want -- the logical place being to the Aircraft.cfg because extra views would normally be customized for each aircraft model.The key to remember is that the 'S' cycles between GROUPS of views as defined by the camera definitions in the line:Category = ??? Defaults are cockpit, aircraft, outside, tower, runway, air traffic and multiplayer. Create as many new catagories as you want.All views within the same catagory are cycled using 'A' key. The order of appearance should be the same as the numerical definition order.New views SHOULD be created with new unique guids - read the SDK section on views for all the details. However it does not appear to be a problem if you copy a camera from one aircraft to another and keep the original guid. Since you can only fly one AC at a time, it would seem unlikely that duplicate guids in different AC would matter.If you think of a new camera view that you want on all aircraft, the logical place would be to add it to your Cameras.cfg to make it generic. You can also add a camera view to a saved flight. Examples are provided in the SDK.There are also a few secrets to be gleaned from a study of the camera information stored in each saved flight.Loyd