mmcmah

Flickering when using DX12

Hi Nico,

I had been using DLSS 3 with frame generation in MSFS and found that there was a strange graphical glitch when I use PSXT.

Frame generation requires DX12 and so I had been using the setting. Whenever PSXT injects live traffic (it doesn't appear to happen with static planes) there is a white light that flickers in the monitor and it happens at various intervals, almost as if it depends on the updates that the sim is receiving.

Here is a video: Flickering video

The problem goes away as soon as I close PSXT. This clearly looks like an MSFS/DX12 bug, so I've gone back to TAA under DX11. Traffic is more important than frame generation to me! However, I wanted to send it to you to see if you've seen it or if you might have some idea about what's going on?

Thank you.

Edited by mmcmah

I have no idea. PSXT only updates aircraft positions via SimConnect. It does not take care of frame generation.

I know of another user using DLSS3 that does not have this problem. Maybe it is a setting you miss?

I can't think what setting it would be. On DX12, I tried TAA, DLSS (both with and without frame generation) and each of them had the same flickering issue.

I tried those setting with no other items in my community folder other than KLAX (inibuilds) and Fenix because I'm trying to tweak settings to maximize smoothness. It happens elsewhere as well, not just KLAX.

I switched to DX11 and the problem disappeared. I'll try to DDU my display driver and retry.

Performing a DDU full clean install of my display drivers didn't clear up the issue. I have reverted to DX11 as a result.