Sign in to follow this  
shermank

Perfect Flight – Ultimate DHC-2 Beaver Simulation

Hi all,

Do you know if this aircraft is compatible with v5.3.  One flight sim venue indicates it is good only up to v4, another is kind of ambiguous about it. Thanks for your info and experiences.

Sherm

On 11/24/2022 at 3:06 PM, shermank said:

Hi all,

Do you know if this aircraft is compatible with v5.3.  One flight sim venue indicates it is good only up to v4, another is kind of ambiguous about it. Thanks for your info and experiences.

Sherm

In the shops, they write "all versions". So that means, it works in 5.3. But I don't have this one so I can't say I tested it. I have the Milviz Beaver, which got a v5 patch in their forums, before they became blackbird. Also the old FSX versions should work in P3D if you have them.

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Thanks Blaunarwal...I guess i can risk a few bucks and hope it works...

Sherm

While I too don't have that particular example, I do have the Milviz/Blackbird DHC3 and have moved the FSX-SE DHC2 into P3D.

And both are great to fly.

The Milviz/Blackbird

spacer.png

And THE FSX-SE DHC2

spacer.png

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

I bought the Just Flight version, which as on sale. I already have The Lionheart Kodiak and Carenado Cessna 185 amphibious, so spending $40 for the Milviz Beaver seemed a bit extravagant. The JF edition works fine in P3D v5.3 so all is good. Thanks for your input put and informative comments.

sherm

Guess that must be the old Aerosoft version being sold by JF. Understand not wanting to shell out the dollars for the Milviz only reason I have it is because it like the Otter was from FSX days and they gave us the patch to get them running in P3D. Come to think of it still have the JF Otter as well which came out before Milviz's version well and truly parked in the hangar that one! Typical JF product looked great flew like a wet tea bag!

13 hours ago, shermank said:

I bought the Just Flight version, which as on sale. I already have The Lionheart Kodiak and Carenado Cessna 185 amphibious, so spending $40 for the Milviz Beaver seemed a bit extravagant. The JF edition works fine in P3D v5.3 so all is good. Thanks for your input put and informative comments.

sherm

Justflight Beaver? Are we talking about Otters and Beavers mixed? 😃I have the Justflight Otter and the Milviz Beaver. Both are great.

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

13 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

Justflight Beaver? Are we talking about Otters and Beavers mixed? 😃I have the Justflight Otter and the Milviz Beaver. Both are great.

No, My mistake.... I bought the Perfect Flight version from the flightsim store. When I wrote Just Flight earlier in this thread, I misspoke...

https://store.flightsim.com/product/perfect-flight-ultimate-dhc-2-beaver-simulation/

Sherm

Edited by shermank

2 minutes ago, shermank said:

No, I bought the Just Flight version from the flightsim store

https://store.flightsim.com/product/perfect-flight-ultimate-dhc-2-beaver-simulation/

Sherm

Ah I understand. And, do you like it? The screenshots are great.

Dan

28 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

Ah I understand. And, do you like it? The screenshots are great.

Dan

So far so good. I have been flying around HLY, part of the RTMM scenery set