Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Aerosoft Offshore Landmarks: North Sea (Released)

Aerosoft Offshore Landmarks: North Sea is now out for MSFS. More details at: https://fselite.net/content/aerosoft-offshore-landmarks-north-sea-released-for-msfs/ or https://www.aerosoft.com/en/shop/microsoft-flight-simulator/msfs-sceneries/msfs-europe/3955/aerosoft-offshore-landmarks-north-sea

In 2030 65% of the North Sea will be an industrial zone. Over 70% of the electricity for countries surrounding the North Sea will be generated by the massive offshore wind parks. The North Sea is the biggest work site on the planet, where ships costing billions of dollars place and remove wind turbines and platforms. Thousands of people work there in often atrocious conditions. What used to be an ‘empty’ sea is now filled with platforms, wind farms and other structures. Aviation plays a huge role in this developing industry. Over 90% of European helicopter traffic is dedicated to the offshore industry.

That is why we believe a scenery covering the North Sea, the English Channel and the Irish sea makes sense. With the simulator fully supporting helicopters, a new territory to explore is available!

All the objects are placed in exactly the correct position using databases collected over many months. The ships are all located where they were on Jan 20, 2022, at 12:00 GMT. This means that every ship is in a ‘logical’ position. So, a cargo ship could be at an anchorage waiting for a port dock to become available, a small fishing vessel going to its fishing ground or a construction ship placing pylons for new wind turbines.

Trailer at: 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

It is a reasonable price, but If the framerates are as hard hit as their Antarctica package (British Rothera and Beyond), which is also poorly implemented, with lots of pop in, especially on the icebergs, and poor surrounding scenery etc., then I won't be touching it.  I don't want a stutter-fest going across the North Sea!  :smile:  Also, I can't say I missed anything like this up to now.  Also, I am not sure I can trust Aerosoft to finish-off anything properly at the moment.  Not sure what has happened to them.

Global traffic is free and excellent, and the ships actually move with wakes, but there are problems with the amount of objects MSFS can load now, and the full pack can cause CTD's - I hope it gets fixed, as I would resort to that.

If people want to try helicopter operations with the new copters, I suppose they might want the oil rigs.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I'd be interested if it wasn't Aerosoft. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

3 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

I'd be interested if it wasn't Aerosoft. 

Just noticed they are doing some kind of link-in with the Hype Performance group.  That's something at least!  If their choppers were a bit cheaper I might give them a go; they look great!  I have their balloons - I might try landing one them on a rig!  :laugh:

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

The point of this addon being?

Mainly to practice helicopter operations landing on ships and rigs I suppose.

This looks pretty incredible to me, within a decent price range to warrant a look as well, will look forward to reviews.

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

34 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

The point of this addon being?

Unless you fly helicopters I can't see one, even then the surrounding landscape (seascape?)  on your way to-from these things is probably as visually boring as it gets 

But choice is always good

Edited by Sceadu
  • Like 1

It is a different idea and will be interesting for those really wanting to learn and practice helicopters. It is not for me as it is not the kind of flying I am interested in, at least right now, and I do not fly in that part of the world. 

Dan Scott

Will have to find a bristow helicopters livery and give this a try.  Still not good enough to get a chopper down accurately so need a fair bit more practice.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I was about to pull the trigger but then Henrik on the official forums says:

"Knud has been busy preparing oil rigs and drill ships with landable surfaces. We would still like to have real free sailing ships with landable surfaces, but that will be another time. For now we will just add a few thousand oil rigs etc based on their position data."

My fear is now that the two won't work well together, might just wait for Henrik's update and see how that is first.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

3 minutes ago, MarcG said:

I was about to pull the trigger but then Henrik on the official forums says:

"Knud has been busy preparing oil rigs and drill ships with landable surfaces. We would still like to have real free sailing ships with landable surfaces, but that will be another time. For now we will just add a few thousand oil rigs etc based on their position data."

My fear is now that the two won't work well together, might just wait for Henrik's update and see how that is first.

Aerosoft states in their forum it's definitely not compatible with any other addons in the region

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/174755-very-important-disable-other-ai-traffic-dlc/

Henrik's not explicitely mentioned but certainly included.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I like the concept and if I were a serious heli fan, I might be more interested.

Problem for me is that it's all a bit too static. Vessel positions are fixed and there are nowhere near enough interactive items to keep this interesting after the novelty factor wears off.
Needs to have missions and/or more dynamic content to really shine.
Combine that with objects clashing with KL791's Global Shipping package and that makes it a no go.

If AS revisit this with additional dynamic content and an option to turn of the static vessels in favour of the freeware shipping pack, it would be more appealing.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter