Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

Flight Data Recorder software add-on?

Guest phenom

This morning I decided to fly from Detroit to Amsterdam, via direct GPS routing in the default 747. I taxied out, took off from 3L (uhh.. kinda short for a packed 747), stepped it to cruise altitude, leveling off at FL350 and Mach .71 in beautiful weather. I was about an hour into the flight when I left to run some errands, leaving the plane in autopilot with everything seemingly fine.I get back and my plane has crashed. It crashed 2.7 hours in according to the logbook, and unfortunately reviewing the flight to the max replay (3576s) showed nothing, as I had been sitting at KDTW (post-crash restart) for at least that long.So what I'm wondering is if there's any sort of add-on that works as a flight data recorder that might give me a little more insight as to what went wrong when something like this happens?For FSX, that is.Thanks.

Most likely a extreem wind shift pushed your aircraft in overspeed or stall condition for just too long time period :-) Regards, Gerrit

>Most likely a extreem wind shift pushed your aircraft in>overspeed or stall condition for just too long time period :-)>>>Regards, >>GerritNo, Gerrit. This is a common mistake, pardon me if i am correcting you. The wind in flight isn't the same you feel on ground. On ground you are stuck to the Earth and you feel the wind effect on yourself. In the air you are unchained and you move WITH the wind. What the wind affect is JUST your Ground Speed (GS). Your plane is like in a static box of air around itself and this box (air mass) is freely moving over the Earth. Noway to go in overspeed or stall due to the wind then...

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.60GHz | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK P8P67 DELUXE | EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ | Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB | Crucial CT1000MX500 1TB | 2 x Western Digital WDC WD40EZRX 4TB | Creative X-Fi Audio Processor | NEC 24WMGX3 MultiSync | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi,The nearest thing I can think of to flight data recording is FS Flight Keeper. Its Event log records most aspects of the aircraft's situation including engine fails and overspeed warnings.You can view the website here http://www.molitor-home.de/FS/Whilst it's designed for FS9 many aspects will work with FSX. The gauge used to view many different types of info won't work with FSX but a new version is being developed for FSX but with an unknown reelase date.You will need the latest version of FSUIPC4 to get it to link to FSX.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest phenom

Great, thanks. That might be exactly what I'm looking for.

I would think Mach .71 at FL350 with a packed 747 is a little slow.with a good headwind I think ya might have stalled. How was your fuel btw?I use the autosave function in FSUIPC at 15 minute intervals for 6 hours in case something like that happens you can always pick up close to where you bought the farm.DaveoESSB

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Gerrit's information is exactly correct about the way FLIGHT SIMULATOR work.It may not be accurate in describing real world physics of movement of objects and air.Flight Simulator will quite frequently change from a 30 kt headwind to a 30 kt tailwind - and the program records the aircraft as accelerating it's speed by 60 KIAS, not KTAS. This eventually settles down in a couple minutes - but unless the aircraft is slowed quickly - the aircraft will overstress and crash in FS.Overspeed in Flight Simulator is a function of KIAS and the max_indicated_speed= line in the aircraft.cfg.Exceed that speed - overspeed begins.Exceed that speed by a couple kts - and you have 60 seconds of overspeed before a 'crash' occurs.Exceed that speed by 60 kts - and you have about 10 seconds before a crash occurs.Exceed that speed by 120 kts - and you have an almost instantaneous crash.Now again - that's how FLIGHT SIMULATOR WORKS - no one is claiming that how the real world works.

This may be of help and is free.It will record your flight for as long as you want (and have space) similar to the FSX flight video, so you can play back and check what casued the crash.A version for FS9 & FSXhttp://fs-recorder.net/