Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Blurry cockpit panels with DLSS mode fixed yet?

I would like to use DLSS mode, but last heard that the cockpit panels will also be blurry and difficult to read. Does anyone know if Asobo is aware of the issue or has already addressed it in SU11?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

21 hours ago, captain420 said:

I would like to use DLSS mode, but last heard that the cockpit panels will also be blurry and difficult to read. Does anyone know if Asobo is aware of the issue or has already addressed it in SU11?

Hi mate,

Just go in to the sim and set up DLSS?

See what you think.

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

It's not fixed for me. I have it off. Those engine displays in the airliners are too trippy for me.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, captain420 said:

Does anyone know if Asobo is aware of the issue or has already addressed it in SU11?

The team is aware of the issue and working with NVidia to add the ability in the DLSS API to mask off areas and prevent them from being affected by DLSS (DLSS doesn't really work very well with animated textures, which the glass cockpits are). Whether NVidia actually adds this capability is up to them.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 7

For what it's worth, I have found that the IMAGE SCALING feature in the settings panel of GeForce Experience does exactly what it says it does: "Boost frame rates for optimized games and applications using GPU scaling and sharpening". No doubt this can be done in other, more complex ways, but all I had to do was select a render resolution button and set a sharpening slider in real time to get the result I wanted. The glass cockpits can easily be read and it's actually possible to oversharpen the image if I'm not careful.

Easy and surprisingly effective.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

DLSS works perfectly fine with no blurries if you do what is in this thread. 

Since DLSS reduces your screen resolution, you have to use Secondary Scaling in UserCfg.opt to get you back to your original screen resolution.  Good luck.

16 hours ago, Viper714 said:

DLSS works perfectly fine with no blurries if you do what is in this thread. 

Since DLSS reduces your screen resolution, you have to use Secondary Scaling in UserCfg.opt to get you back to your original screen resolution.  Good luck.

This doesn't solve the issue of screens being blurry when text/numbers are moving. Asobo has to address this themselves.