Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Taxi2Gate Doha question

I just bought Taxi2Gate Doha (for P3D v5+) at Simmarket. The description says it's v2, but the file names all say v1. Is this an error? Should I contact Taxi2Gate or Simmarket and tell them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

I just bought Taxi2Gate Doha (for P3D v5+) at Simmarket. The description says it's v2, but the file names all say v1. Is this an error? Should I contact Taxi2Gate or Simmarket and tell them?

Yes, if you wouldn't mind contacting Simmarket.

I just looked at my Simmarket download (I havent installed it yet) and indeed the files all indicate "V1" e.g.

TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V1_P3D-1.bin
TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V1_P3D-2.bin
TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V1_P3D.exe

It could be those filenames were not updated by T2G or maybe they are older V1 files. I am not sure what the difference is between V1 and V2 visually within the scenery.

One other thought, when you installed it, did the installer show a prompt to select a P3D v5? If so, I would assume they are the latest files.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

10 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

Yes, if you wouldn't mind contacting Simmarket.

I just looked at my Simmarket download (I havent installed it yet) and indeed the files all indicate "V1" e.g.

TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V1_P3D-1.bin
TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V1_P3D-2.bin
TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V1_P3D.exe

It could be those filenames were not updated by T2G or maybe they are older V1 files. I am not sure what the difference is between V1 and V2 visually within the scenery.

One other thought, when you installed it, did the installer show a prompt to select a P3D v5? If so, I would assume they are the latest files.

I didn't install the scenery yet. It is getting late here and I didn't want to install the scenery if those files are for the v1 scenery when I bought the v2 scenery. I did contact Taxi2Gate and I will contact Simmarkt next.

I have version 1 from SimMarket and the filename is T2G_HAMAD_INTL_AIRPORT and there is only one file, so it does look like you have the new scenery and they just named the files strangely.

Edited by simfan1983
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, simfan1983 said:

I have version 1 from SimMarket and the filename is T2G_HAMAD_INTL_AIRPORT and there is only one file, so it does look like you have the new scenery and they just named the files strangely.

Thanks for confirming that. Much appreciated. 👍

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I downloaded T2G's OTHH Sept 5, 2022 and yes, all the downloaded files are labeled
"TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V1_P3D" (date 9/5/22).

However FWIW,
      I just checked the properties for the installer, TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V1_P3D.exe
           The File Description is reported as "TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V2 Setup"
           The Product name is reported as "TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V2"
           The Product version is reported as "2.0.0.0"

Also the scenery installed to the following directory "\TAXI2GATE - OTHH-V2 P3Dv4"

I agree with 787flyer' comment, T2G tends to names files strangely and at times, it can seem confusing.

Edited by ClaudeF
comma missing
  • Like 1

Regards,

Claude Franklin