Sign in to follow this  
Republic3D

RTX 4080 - Frame Generation with G-Sync - some advice

42 minutes ago, vrdubin6 said:

I think the comment about it being "fluid" and being able to really sense speed is the most accurate way to describe the difference compared to 30-60 FPS I've always been used to. Coming in along the foothills on approach to KBOI and looking out the window you get a completely different sense of actual speed over the ground. The increase in immersion is pretty wild. 

Yes. This is why it’s amazing. Can’t stress it enough. And with TrackIR, it actually operates super smooth now too. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Yes. This is why it’s amazing. Can’t stress it enough. And with TrackIR, it actually operates super smooth now too. 

Do you fly the Fenix? If so, are you having the same experience? I tested it really quickly last night and while it was still showing 70-90 FPS it was not nearly as fluid as the PMDG and the stutters were really pronounced. 

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

2 minutes ago, vrdubin6 said:

Do you fly the Fenix? If so, are you having the same experience? I tested it really quickly last night and while it was still showing 70-90 FPS it was not nearly as fluid as the PMDG and the stutters were really pronounced. 

I don’t use airbus no, so sorry I can’t help with that one. 

1 hour ago, vrdubin6 said:

Nothing new we know that the Fenix is heavy with FPS, even more so if you use it on an Inibuilds scene with traffic. 

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

Hi, 

From Microsoft support about this problem... 

Support (Microsoft Flight Simulator)

Dec 1, 2022, 12:02 GMT+1

Hi Eric,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator Support today.

We have identified this issue on our side and will push fix for it but at the moment, we are not able to give any ETA when this will happen. 

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team
Knowledge base | Forums | Twitter | Facebook | Discord | SDK Q&A
MSFS_Teemu

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Suglock said:

From Microsoft support about this problem... 

Which problem?

The stuttering with the Fenix or the greyed out Frame Generation in the menu?

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

50 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Which problem?

The stuttering with the Fenix or the greyed out Frame Generation in the menu?

No it's only for the greyed out Frame Generation in the menu

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Got my first couple of actual flights in last night. Literally the best money I've spent on any upgrade in my 20 years of simming. I was skeptical it would be as good as it really is. Did a flight with the PMDG and Fenix and both were 100% smooth the whole time with no stutters.  

13600K @ 5.4

4080 @ 2.8 undervolted to .95mV

3440x1440 144hz G-Sync

Ultra preset with TAA

PMDG:

110-120 FPS on the ground at Verticalsim KBOI

130-140 FPS once airborne

90-100 FPS on approach to Verticalsim KBOI

Fenix:

100-110 FPS on the ground at KSEA

120-130 FPS once airborne

80-90 FPS on approach to KPDX

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Will it be worth buying a 4080 for someone like me that has an I9 10900K and use an 3440X1440 monitor, or do I have to replace the CPU first?

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

17 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Will it be worth buying a 4080 for someone like me that has an I9 10900K and use an 3440X1440 monitor, or do I have to replace the CPU first?

Yes, you should see a benefit regardless of main thread or gpu limited. If gpu limited, the extra rendering performance of the 4080 will give you more frames. If main thread limited, the 4080 frame generation will give you more on screen frames than what the cpu is offering to the gpu so you will benefit either way.

• Like 2

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

1 hour ago, vrdubin6 said:

Literally the best money I've spent on any upgrade in my 20 years of simming.

It is the greatest thing to happen to simming since simming itself I believe, it’s that big. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I'm at 3440x1440 just upgraded from a 10700K to a 13600K a few weeks ago and there really wasn't much difference in MSFS to be honest. I feel like I would've gotten the same benefit from the 4-series card if I still had the 10th gen CPU.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

It is the greatest thing to happen to simming since simming itself I believe, it’s that big. 

Can’t wait my 13900/rtx4090 is arriving this afternoon. Should be functional not later than Saturday.

• Like 5

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

39 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Can’t wait my 13900/rtx4090 is arriving this afternoon. Should be functional not later than Saturday.

(so excited that I somehow double posted!)

Edited by FrankR409
  • Like 4

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K