Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Poll: Fenix customer wishes IAE or Remote CDU?

Poll: Fenix customer wishes IAE or Remote CDU?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. What is more important for you regarding Fenix development: new engine models (IAE) or a Remote CDU (for tablets, browsers, mobiles)?

• IAE Engine
    • Remote CDU

Please do not take it too serious 😉

But I'm really interested where the focus from a customers point of view probably is. A remote CDU is for me, personally, very important. I can't care less if the Bus is driven by a IAE or PW or whatever, at least it should be behave like the real one.

As far as I can interpret some comments from Aamir, the Fenix dev, there are no technical reasons to not have a remote EFB (as we all thought, because of Prosim etc.). It is simply the customers choices which want IAE more.

That shouldn't meant to force the Fenix devs anywhere. I just want a personal picture how important remote CDUs are for other people.

Many thanks for taking part.

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I personally don't use a remote CDU currently, I totally understand that this is an absolutely crucial feature for people with a corresponding hardware setup.

I am also not really interested in what engines push the A320 as long as it is adequately modelled. I couldn't care less for IAE engines as well. The difference between flying an A320 with CFM engines and an A320 with IAE engines is neglectable for my simming experience.

I'd rather have a Fenix A321.

So out of the two options from the poll: Definitely a remote CDU would make more sense for me.

There are some liveries I want that use IAE, and also the IAE sounds a bit cooler than the CFM to me. So it takes my vote.

• Like 3

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I love the sound of the IAE engines, and I enjoy with flying them, but I mostly want the IAE engines on the Fenix because I help to manufacture the Fan Disc and some of the turbines on the V2500.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Whilst I am looking forward to the IAEs, I would have to support the remote CDU function FIRST.  Of paramount interest to me.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

With the IAE engine also comes the advanced engine model. (Hopefully) meaning closer to real engine performance and fuel burn. It is my vote. 

• Like 3

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

The CFM modeling is unfinished and it's not just fuel burn that's wrong, the entire start sequence is off. And IAE's would be a way more interesting and expansive feature. Remote CDU should be way lower on the list behind fixing FMGC bugs, EFB rewrite, etc. Basically, the way they're prioritizing things right now is right. 

Edited by Chapstick
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Basically, the way they're prioritizing things right now is right.

seems so, yes, when I look at the result above 👍

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Should have been a choice for neither. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I want remote CDU if it somehow leads to me being able to use my hardware FCU with the fenix.  I'd like IAE just to have something different and be able to simulate other airlines.  Though I'll admit i've always thought the IAE was terribly ugly compared to the CFM.  But I respect its performance at the same time.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Definitely IAE for me.  Different sound (arguably cooler sound!), and different taxiing/flying dynamics.

Personally I haven’t used any kind of remote CDU in a very long time, haven’t seen the need over having a view hotkey set to look at the CDU.

Edit: I agree with @micstatic above, if I could somehow use my Skalarki CDU with a remote CDU then count me in, though I doubt that will be the case unfortunately.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

yeah the missing skalarki functionality is the most disappointing aspect of fenix for me personally.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

For people whose chips haven't been word not allowed on, this is an interesting set of results @guenseli

35 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Basically, the way they're prioritizing things right now is right. 

For a lot of people, a remote CDU is the most anticipated missing item. For most others, an IAE engine variant is.

These are big, obvious additions that would appeal far more than *just* amending the rate at which numbers on the engine indication and fuel flow gauges change. (I'm well aware it's not just that, but it could be seen that way by people frustrated by the long wait for their preferred feature).

Even if something is important to us, doesn't make it critical to the overall project. None of these awaited improvements has to be the next item to appear in the changelog. It would be great if it were the other engine variant, although it would make more sense to have IAE engines release with them using the new v2 engine modelling to save the dev team re-doing work.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter