Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Fly The Maddog update 1.1b123 released.

Ok looking change log 😏. I was figuring there would be more after 5 months. Still nothing on sound fixes. Why is it so difficult to fix the sounds? 

******1.1b123 - 27/11/2022******
MSFS2020 edition

>>>>[NEW]
- GSX Pro integration;
- Simbrief integration for automatic download of latest OFP from EFB;

>>>>[FIXED]
SYSTEMS

- fixed issue with autoland align mode;
- fixed issue that caused FMS in descent to slow down to 250kt below FL100 even if restriction was cancelled;
- fixed issue in Load Manager where in some cases routes created with the LM where not availables as coroute in the FMS;
- fixed issue with cockpit flood light;
- fixed issue in fms not loading approaches in certain airports;
- cabin pax light now dimmed also when seat belt switch on, reduced lights when dimmed (when off ground);
- improved holdings;
- added all missing ACARS pages;
- added weather clients for METAR/ATIS (VATSIM/IVAO) and CPDLC;
- added printing of ACARS message to physical printer or Pushover app;
- OFP selection in EFB is now from a sorted list of files;
EFFECTS
- fixed issue with effects with latest MSFS version;
- reworked contrails effect;
3D MODEL
- fixed hole in the upper left vc window border;
- fixed issue with missing reflections in instruments glass;
DOCUMENTATION
- updated User Manual, Quick Guide and EFB Manual;
OTHER
- added tray application MDClient to overcome limitation of the sandboxed environment;
- removed routes folder from the aircraft folder, the common routes folder under Maddog X Files it is now used;
- moved PM calls and attendant voices to the 'VOICES' slider in MSFS;
- improved first-load MSFS compile time.

*************************************************************************************************

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Just tried to download the update but apparently SimMarket is down for maintenance. 

Dear Customer,
due to maintenance work, the shop is closed. We are back as soon as possible!
The simMarket-Team.

SimMarket is back up. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Seems like a healthy list of fixes to me.  If you want better sounds I highly recommend FTsim.  It’ll cost you a couple bucks, but well worth it.  I use his sound packs for the King Air and Caravan too.

• Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

any one know if theyre working on the -83? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

47 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

If you want better sounds I highly recommend FTsim.

I don't see any sound packages for the Maddog on the FTsim site.

Dan

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

I don't see any sound packages for the Maddog on the FTsim site.

You might need to be their patreon subscriber first before you can see it.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

12 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

You might need to be their patreon subscriber first before you can see it.

Nope, not there and not on their upcoming list. Not sure why you suggested it if it doesn't exist. I'm sure if they had one available the community would have spread the word as the interior sounds of the 2020 Maddog need some love. 

Thanks anyway. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

14 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Nope, not there and not on their upcoming list. Not sure why you suggested it if it doesn't exist. I'm sure if they had one available the community would have spread the word as the interior sounds of the 2020 Maddog need some love. 

Thanks anyway. 

Patreon isn't too user friendly to non members. Some owners completely lock product listings so you can't see details/descriptions and pictures unless you are subbed to their Patreon.

As Gilandred has already stated.

This is to prevent scamming and stolen fraudulent listings. 

0wTaJDp.png

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

6 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Thanks anyway. 

Well, I just downloaded and installed it about an hour ago, so it most certainly exists.  Here’s what it is from their website.

# INFO :

• MD-80 Sound Addon for MSFS 2020 

# What's inside :

• PW JT8D Engine sounds
  • Battery , Avionics and AC sounds (Cockpit/Cabin)
  • Exterior_Env : Wind , Rain , Drag , Gear_Door , Touchdown , Roll

# What's New :

v1.14 (07/Nov/2022)

• Minor Tweaks on the Pitch settings of the Engines Sounds
  • Louder interior idle noises
  • Older Fix added for the Warning sounds Position .
  • Like 1

Gary

When I get back home I’ll look for the Patron link. It least on my end I saw no reference in becoming one. Thanks

Edited by Wise87

Dan

4 hours ago, Gilandred said:

Seems like a healthy list of fixes to me.  If you want better sounds I highly recommend FTsim.  It’ll cost you a couple bucks, but well worth it.  I use his sound packs for the King Air and Caravan too.

Well for an add-one that costs 90€, I would expect it not to need an "additional" sound package. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

Well for an add-one that costs 90€, I would expect it not to need an "additional" sound package. 

Your point is valid. However if one really likes flying the md-80 it’s a no brainer to spend another couple bucks and go all in. Yeah I get it. They over priced it and it is basically a port. But I still love the plane 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

To be fair to Leonardo, the real Maddog sounds like a closet from the flight deck. You BARELY hear the engines, and that's during take-off. My first time up front I remember thinking "This is like a dead-stick take-off."

The exterior soundset on the product is pretty lackluster, so Leonardo doesn't have any excuse there, but their cockpit sounds are far more realistic than all these payware soundpacks that make it sound like you're flying the 737 Advanced. Just my 2 cents about the soundset.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

31 minutes ago, WestAir said:

To be fair to Leonardo, the real Maddog sounds like a closet from the flight deck. You BARELY hear the engines, and that's during take-off. My first time up front I remember thinking "This is like a dead-stick take-off."

The exterior soundset on the product is pretty lackluster, so Leonardo doesn't have any excuse there, but their cockpit sounds are far more realistic than all these payware soundpacks that make it sound like you're flying the 737 Advanced. Just my 2 cents about the soundset.

While true I prefer to hear the engines. Using a computer we do not get to experience the full experience and vibrations. So I’d rather hear them. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

What I have done with the FTSim soundpack is edit the sound.xml as the flightdeck sounds are far too loud and unrealistic. All you need to do is fine the MD80 SP mod in the sound.xml file and edit the CombR=false CombL=false. Do the same for IntakeL & R and Shut and Start. Doing this will remove the sounds of the engines from the flightdeck making for a more realistic experience, atleast I prefer it over it sounding like the engines are right behind you.

Pair with FSRealistic and you have yourself I good soundset for the Maddog.

Edited by shamrockflyer
  • Like 1