Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Best Piper Planes for FSX ???

Friends,In an effort to fill my hanger with the Piper planes I have either flown or in which I have given flight instruction, please share with me where I can find the best of the following ... either freeware or payware:Cherokee/Warrior(Arrow/Lance retractable Cherokee types) ...Comanche ...Super Cub (not thinking of the J-3 here) ...Tri-Pacer ...Apache ...Navajo ...Aztec ...Twin Comanche ...Thank you ahead of time for any links you can help me with.Best regards,Steve

Guest CocoLoco

You should definitely have a look at Hauke Keitel's freeware Piper Arrow III. It's available on the FlightSim library as pa28r201.zip. While the VC is very good for a freeware aircraft, the packaged 2D view isn't so great. There are however a few good replacements that have since been made available on the FlightSim site as well (see fppa28bl.zip or fppa28ei.zip). I think it is one of the best freeware GA aircraft that has been made for FSX at present.Hope you like it.David

Take a look at our upcoming projects for the Twin Comanche:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I'd like to see a Piper PA-42-1000 Cheyenne 400LS.That's one of the fastest light twins ever produced.Chuck Yeager still has the speed over distance record in a 400LS.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thank you very much...I never flew the Cheyenne, but it IS certainly a great ship. Just as a side... has anyone ever seen freeware or payware on the little Piper trainer, Tomahawk?Take care, Steve

>Take a look at our upcoming projects for the Twin>Comanche:-)>>When will it be finished?

>>I never flew the Cheyenne, but it IS certainly a great ship. >That's what I am asking--Do you know of any FS model of the 400LS version of the Piper Cheyenne?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest MMwohlford

>Just as a side... has anyone ever seen freeware or payware on>the little Piper trainer, Tomahawk?>>Take care, SteveSteve, Just Flight has a tomahawk available a part of their Flying Club title, and I believe you can also buy it individually.take a look here:http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=87

Hi Steve,Bill Lyon's outstanding Tri-Pacers work well in FSX, although some of the external textures do not display properly. I'm sure there is a fix, but have not had time to delve into it.Search for cc13p22f.zip in the avsim library.John

Thanks so much, guys. I'm surprised anyone took time with the Tomahawk. Just found out my wife and I are rushing off to Oshkosh for the fly-in. I will try these out when I get back.Take care all, and God bless!Steve