Sign in to follow this  
scoob

Looking for the aircraft leveling file

Guest phenom

I'm trying to find the file that fixes the attitude of aircraft (such as the 747) at cruise altitude, so that it looks level instead of climbing, but I'm not having much luck.Can anyone help?

Guest Zlaned

As far as im aware, you will only get level flight when your speed is correct, incresed speed reduces your pitch, the weight has reduced from your takeoff weight, i.e:- you have used up some fuel, or dumped some passengers and cargo!The only file i know of is a wing leveller file. This wont alter your pitch.Zlaned

commercial jets fly at cruise with some positive pitch.you can feel this as a passenger when walking the cabin in flight ... uphill to the nose, downhill towards the tail.another example are the flight attendants' carts (food/drinks/duty-free) have wheel locks so to keep the carts from rolling to the tail of the plane during the cabin service. you will also notice that the cabin crew must really push a cart when moving towards the nose; and it is just a matter of releasing the wheel brake and keeping the thing from zipping down the isle when moving back towards the tail.you can also look at cockpit photos on airliners.net that show positive pitch of an aircraft when at cruise. here is one example of a 747 at cruise -http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0230868/L/a way to change the pitch on a FS model is adjusting the lift_scalar line in the aircraft.cfg file Flaps.0 section. this isn't a perfect change as the aircraft will react differently in different stages of flight -- including pitch and speed gain/loss on approach, climb, takeoff, and landing.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/