HI guys, with the sale on, i am thinking to pick this up...but does it work in VR? Ive seen some conflicting forums on this.... anyone have it and works as planned?

Cheers

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

I just picked it up on sale, and yes, it does work in VR. Little bit awkward with mapping a key for it because you can’t see the keyboard, but all the integrations and animations work fine. 

3 hours ago, Zcott said:

I just picked it up on sale, and yes, it does work in VR. Little bit awkward with mapping a key for it because you can’t see the keyboard, but all the integrations and animations work fine. 

Ah! Many thanks for that! Can take the plunge now! 🙂

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

1 hour ago, vonduck said:

Ah! Many thanks for that! Can take the plunge now! 🙂

They have their own inbuilt upper bar app that you can open or reopen it from VR, no problem at all. Recommended.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I use it all the time in VR. Use the upper menu bar to open it.  The only thing I notice is that you need to click on the menu Icon twice sometimes to get the GSX menu to appear.  

The only other thing I noticed in VR, is you don't see the update status that you see in the upper top left of the 2D screen, for example percentage of passengers that have loaded, or you need to open a door. You can usually figure it out what you need to do, when you hear the ding sound. For example, you asked for the catering trucks, and you hear a ding sound a short time later, It's a good bet, you need to open the door for the catering truck or close the door after they left. 

I have a button assigned on my yoke for an external view and back to cockpit view.  Makes it easy to see what's going on outside the airplane in VR.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Thanks guys, valuable info...looks like im in!

Doug 

I’ve uninstalled GSX now as I found it awkward and buggy in VR. In 2d it’s great because you can see how many passengers have boarded, and it’s better for interaction. With VR I didn’t once get pushback to work properly, and on more than one occasion the GSX window would disappear and not come back. I’m hoping this gets addressed in a future update because I’d like to use it regularly but I spent most of my simming time fighting with GSX and not flying.

Does this thing also run in self-mode. I mean, can it open and close doors itself for instance?

One thing i always found very annoying with their FSX version was that you had to interact for it to do something. As if an airline captain should open the doors from the cockpit.

I don't want to be bothered with those things. I have cabin crew and ground crew to do all that.

Edited by avhpilot

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

3 hours ago, avhpilot said:

Does this thing also run in self-mode. I mean, can it open and close doors itself for instance?

One thing i always found very annoying with their FSX version was that you had to interact for it to do something. As if an airline captain should open the doors from the cockpit.

I don't want to be bothered with those things. I have cabin crew and ground crew to do all that.

For me GSX did that in the Fenix A320 and also the A310. Front door opens when starting boarding through a jetway (or just connecting the jetway). Front and rear door open when stairs are used. Baggage compartment doors open/close also automatically and jetway/stairs gets disconnected when boarding is complete.

Edit: Catering doors are also automatic

Edited by Gerwil

17 hours ago, Gerwil said:

For me GSX did that in the Fenix A320 and also the A310. Front door opens when starting boarding through a jetway (or just connecting the jetway). Front and rear door open when stairs are used. Baggage compartment doors open/close also automatically and jetway/stairs gets disconnected when boarding is complete.

Edit: Catering doors are also automatic

I do not have GSX (yet)

When I shut down the engines at the gate Fenix 320's EFB will ask for my confirmation to deboard after which doors open and jetway connects.

So maybe it's the aircraft itself doing all this, not GSX. 

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

1 hour ago, avhpilot said:

I do not have GSX (yet)

When I shut down the engines at the gate Fenix 320's EFB will ask for my confirmation to deboard after which doors open and jetway connects.

So maybe it's the aircraft itself doing all this, not GSX. 

Ah yes, you're right, the Fenix has this also in EFB settings but I have this switched off because it did interfere with the GSX handling of such things.