Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

FSLTL?

24 minutes ago, michaelray said:

I am seeing the same.  Around 20% even at very light settings. I have optimised the textures following other peoples advice and really this seems to have had negligible positive impact.

I really like the feel of the traffic around the airport but for me the FPS cost is too high so I am back to no traffic.

Maybe I will upgrade the rig in the first half of next year. If I do I will revisit the traffic then. 

Ah, at least it's not me. What I've found is that at big airporst I have to reduce the AI considerably, running at about 30% that way it brings the amount of traffic down, and then at smaller airports I can run at about 60%. At Bonn airport recently I saw frames drop from about 36 while taxiing to about 28. That's unacceptable for me as it was pretty stuttery.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

6 hours ago, Alvega said:

New injector version available.

It's a shame SU11 is still ruining traffic. Even with this new FSLTL version I get nothing landing and the planes on approach either go around or just get parked by the injector without landing.  Just have to wait for Asobo to sort this out I suppose...if they bother anyway

6 hours ago, Alvega said:

New injector version available.

It's a shame SU11 is still ruining traffic. Even with this new FSLTL version I get nothing landing and the planes on approach either go around or just get parked by the injector without landing.  Just have to wait for Asobo to sort this out I suppose...if they bother anyway

19 hours ago, Phantoms said:

How did you delete them? Did you just delete their folders (all AIGAIM_FAIB* folders from aig-aitraffic-oci-beta\SimObjects\Airplanes) or use AI-Manager to delete them?

I'm scared that just deleting those files from the aig-aitraffic-oci-beta mod will cause issues. But I can't find a simple way to delete those aircraft (and all associated files/flightplans, etc. for them) inside AIG AI-Manager so that the aig-aitraffic-oci-beta mod created does not cause MSFS problems (I'm already dealing with major CTD issues).

First of all, I have a copy of the aig-aitraffic-oci-beta folder elsewhere. So when I need to use AIG Manager to update the flight plans, everything should work. 

And yes, I just deleted all the AIGAIM_FAIB* folders. I didn't use AI Manager. 

I did this after reading a comment on MSFS forums: 

The injector won’t insert the FAIB AIG models even if they exist - so deleting them is fine if you don’t plan to use AIG TC.

The comment was by whakamolenz which is associated with FSLTL. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

On 12/10/2022 at 2:50 PM, Phantoms said:

I ended up Creating a new folder called AIG-Models-Only.

From the aig-aitraffic-oci-beta folder I copied over to the new AIG-Models-Only folder the following folders: Effects, SimObjects, Sounds and Texture.

In addition, I copied the manifest.json and layout.json over. 

Next, in those four folders I copied over, I removed all FAIB files.

Then I used MSFSLayoutGenerator on the layout.json in my new AI-Models-Only folder and change the Title in the manifest.json to AIGAIM AI MODELS ONLY..

I removed the CVT file msfs had created in the community folder previously for AIG.

Lastly I had MSFS Addon Linker link the new AIG-Models-Only file instead of the aig-aitraffic-oci-beta folder.

Now I can try FSLTL still with the AIG fallback models and not have any non-native MSFS aircraft in the community folder (and no CVT file as an effect of them) to see if my CTDs still happen.

Didn't fix my CTDs.

James

Latest injector update seems better for me in terms of more active traffic in the sky. Did a short hop from egph to egss last night (fun ils in the snow!) and there was plenty of traffic inbound and at the airport upon arrival. Perhaps I just got lucky. I’ll keep using it as it seems the best of a bad bunch to me. 

On 12/10/2022 at 10:11 PM, Echoes said:

I got a plane landing within 5 minutes at LAX

scAdGBZ.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Anyone experiencing issues with invisible traffic and such, check your FSLTL configuration file
\\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\fsltl-trafic-injector\fsltl-trafficinjector-config.json

{"ifraircraftlimit":80,"vfraircraftlimit":20,"staticaircraftlimit":0.1,"staticaircraftlimitmax":30,"spawnradius":150,"secstilremove":120,"flightplannerdbapikey":"","nofallback":"Yes","nogenerics":"Yes","modeloveride":"","consoledebug":"","fshudport":19786,"silent":""}

Apparently for some users "staticaircraftlimitmax" is still set to a very high number (2000) even though the update was meant to change that. The current default value is 30.

Someone over on the FSDT forums was having this issue and changing the value fixed that.

9 minutes ago, styckx said:

I am seeing plenty of landing aircraft, the latest updates appear to have fixed that. I even had a great moment where ATC succesfully handled 4 landing aircraft in a row (me being N°2), but let's not get too excited yet 😉

Edited by Johan217

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

I don’t know if all traffic have the same problem but certain of them fly at ias instead gs speed

second time I see a 777 flying at 240 knots when I fly at 436 knots my ias is 274 knots 

with this last update I have more stuttering, if I close the program that is really better 

setting is not high at all

Edited by grandfred29
  • Upvote 1

Frédéric Giraud

On 12/12/2022 at 6:01 PM, styckx said:

scAdGBZ.jpg

Very strange, I hardly get anything landing.  The injector just parks most of them whenever 22Km or 24Km out on approach.  Happens on every airport I've tried.

• Like 1

I am getting an excellent volume of aircraft at all my airports, but I cannot say that I am too happy about the traffic I am seeing at the gates which is, unfortunately, often totally unrealistic and does not reflect the actual situation of that airport. Yesterday again I had FOUR Swiss A340 at the gates in FAOR, before I had four TAP Embraer at LSGG (none of these are accurate in real life), and I noticed the same phenomenon at several other airports. This may not be obvious if you only use large airports where the volume will hide the problem, but the rendition of parked aircraft seems to be off quite dramatically.

• Upvote 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

I am seeing a lot of traffic now, plus plenty of takeoffs and landings. Good enough for me. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

On 12/11/2022 at 4:02 AM, Echoes said:

It's a shame SU11 is still ruining traffic.

Yesterday i used the drone to look around at an airport, positioned myself at the start of the runway and then "stuff" begins to happen.
Active: FSLTL - AIGround - AIFlow
- 2 taxiing planes followed by a 3th but from that one only the nav and anti-collision lights were visible.
- The first 2 took off but when the second was starting to roll another landing aircraft got a go-around and passed overhead.
- Then the 3th started spinning on the taxiway once then continued onto the runway for take-off.
- The invisible plane took off and the moment it lifted, it became visible.
- Next up was a plane landing and this one just blocked the runway after it came to a stop, making the waiting aircraft (for take-off) vanish one by one.
I then just called it a day. Had enough of this ***, *** performance for game that calls itself a simulation.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

Well I'm very pleased with FSLTL. I had an excellent 7 hours of spotting at NZAA Auckland NZ and before you ask, I had built up some previous credits and had permission to waste the day from she who must be obeyed LOL! 

Now NZAA is not a terribly busy airport compared to many of the big norther hemisphere airports and it seems reasonable that an airport with less traffic will experience a better performance than those bigger, multi runway and more densely populated airports. Even so, with a single runaway and many international, regional and domestic flights departing and arriving simultaneously, things can get quite busy.

Of course it wasn't all unicorns and rainbows. Shortly after the injector started an aircraft landed and then at 140 kts turned 90 degress and headed through the airport buildings and was last seen heading towards Auckland CBD.  It was noted that it  quietly turned up again parked without damage at his assigned gate, although I suspect the passengers may have been a little startled.  A DHL 757 landed, disappeared and ended up at its parking spot as an unliveried B737. Two freighters (most likely not in FSLTL's database) never showed up in MSFS even though they were on FlightRadar. And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the chaos that ensued for a while after the Metar changed and MSFS decided the reciprocal was now the active, even though NZAA remained with the original active and accepted the 2 kt tail wind.  This led MSFS to vector flights onto opposing approach's, resulting in go arounds and disappearances. 😬 This sorted itself after new flights were injected but they were landing on the wrong runway at this point.  

This was maybe 10 percent or less of the flights I spotted during my several hours of sitting in my armchair between the threshold and the TDZ of the active. The remainder of the flights were an immersive pleasure. With FlightRadar giving me real world data I was able to see that FSLTL was providing the correct models, liveries and sometimes even registrations for arriving and departing aircraft. The FSLTL flight log was a real help in determining what cab was next off the rank and in most cases flights both arriving and departing were no more than 1 to 2 minutes behind real time departures/arrivals.

Auckland is a long way from the rest of the world so some of our flagship flights for Air New Zealand are those that head to to Canada and CONUS. In a short space of 20 minutes and within a minute or two of the real world flights, FSLTL and MSFS simulated the departures of 2 Air NZ Dreamliners that were DCT to Houston and JFK respectively and then a T7 to LAX followed by a another T7 to Vancouver.   All of these flights took the length of the runway as might be expected with significant fuel loads. I actually mentioned to my other half how impressed I was but it didn't solicit much of a response? I guess she's never heard of FSLTL!! I was also treated to the spawning and departure of an Emirates A380 as a result of the new model in FSLTL's latest update and the weekly Fedex MD11 that comes from Hawaii.   

It was not a nice day at NZAA with 1500 OVC and RN and vis was quite poor. Still, this gave me an opportunity to experience the water spray effects which were a pleasure to witness. Landing aircraft deployed spoilers and engine reverse, sounds were acceptable (the ATR 72 sounded realistic) and aircraft cleared the active quickly but realistically. Models were immersive with reflections and lighting, including light flare as the AI entered cloud with landing lights on. FPS was not great at 25 most of the time but this had a lot more to do with the live weather than FSLTL I suspect.  Go arounds, apart from as mentioned above were few but obviously increased traffic would affect that. The aircraft parked as expected with domestic Air NZ and Jetstar A320's parking at the domestic terminal and the same aircraft when on regional and international flights parking at the international terminal.

So there are certainly some behavioral issues that need some work including the penchant for aircraft to takeoff at about 80 kts and then fly down the runway at about 2 feet above the ground before rotating and climbing out.  I believe most of these issues including disappearing aircraft are  an MSFS engine issue and FSLTL mentions this in their User documentation. On the positive side (and there is plenty to be positive about with this application) FSLTL seem to have resolved the right hand turn in a left bank anomaly,(and vice versa) that was an immersion killer!!

I didn't test FSLTL in flight on this occasion so can't comment on AI at altitude or enroute AI. I also didn't use the FlightplannerDB API which might have resolved some wrong runway assignments. I was using Flightbeams NZAA so they may have got the parking assignments a little better that some other airports, especially default airports.

I also can't comment on how FSLTL compares to other AI programs other than AIG, since I haven't used them. On top of which, everyone has a different  reason for wanting AI and not all programs will meet all purposes so every AI program has its own market.  But, unlike some AI programes, FSLTL is free. And, unlike AIG it is really easy to set it up. So if you want something for airliner spotting, that works out of the box (MSFS issues notwithstanding) then I would strongly recommend FSLTL. I would however like to say thank you to AIG for filling in the gaps over the many months we had nothing at all, you guys were and still are a godsend!!

I guess as MSFS users we are just so lucky to have such talented guys at AIG and FSLTLT  gifting us these immersive addons. All credit to you both.  

Terry 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.