Sign in to follow this  
Ryanmlt1

Cockspur Gulfstream G650!! Could it be good?

Is this real life?  What do you think vaporware or awesome, I dont own any Cockspur addon just yet.  

https://www.facebook.com/Cockspur/photos/a.101099549262720/179628698076471

spacer.png

Edited by Ryanmlt1
  • Like 3

I fly mostly GA and Business jets around ORBX PNW | Im live near Boston so I also will fly in MA and ME |  KLEW- 3B1- KBED 

Also avid RC Pilot, Planes and Heli | Ride a Harley's and Snowmobiles! 

PC Setup: Intel i7 8700k | MD Z370 | MSA GTX1080 | H100 liquid Cooling | 250G SSD | PS RM750 | NZXT S340 Case | Windows 10 | AOC 27" 4K | P3D V4.5 | Saitek Yoke | Saitek Rudder pedals | Saitek Throttle Quad| Lots of Addons| 

October 5 they said following:

"We have decided to postpone development of the 800XP to focus on another project we are doing with an indie-dev. The reason is the current situation in Ukraine.
We will now be working with this indie-dev to complete the AN-26 for MSFS.50% of the profit will be going to charities working in Ukraine."

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

5 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

October 5 they said following:

"We have decided to postpone development of the 800XP to focus on another project we are doing with an indie-dev. The reason is the current situation in Ukraine.
We will now be working with this indie-dev to complete the AN-26 for MSFS.50% of the profit will be going to charities working in Ukraine."

You missed a more recent update about the 800XP. 3 days ago:

The 800XP external model is now fully animated and she is flying!

May be an image of aeroplane and outdoors

In terms of if the G650 will be any good? Who knows. Best to see how it progresses and the sort of systems it comes with etc. Interesting for sure!

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

19 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

I'm no missing anything but developers seems is all over the place changing their mind

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

7 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I'm no missing anything but developers seems is all over the place changing their mind

You may have wanted to add that to your post to add additional context then. To add further context though Seb from Cockspur did announce this on Discord which may explain the changes of plans in regards of 800XP. 

Starting January 1st I will no longer work contracts as to focus entirely on Cockspur. This is a mutual agreement with the holder of my current contract, and we part as great friends. This means more frequent updates to current releases, and a big focus on upcoming projects.

Also the G650 is mentioned to coming from one of their indie developers and they are helping them with it. 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Cockspur is the new Carenado. Looks good but with very little substance and it’s cheap so you get what you pay for.  

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, Ryanmlt1 said:

Is this real life?  What do you think vaporware or awesome, I dont own any Cockspur addon just yet.  

https://www.facebook.com/Cockspur/photos/a.101099549262720/179628698076471

spacer.png

Good luck lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

53 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

May be an image of aeroplane and outdoors

In terms of if the G650 will be any good? Who knows. Best to see how it progresses and the sort of systems it comes with etc. Interesting for sure!

I mean for that hawker if they do a nice job implementing the WT proline 21 I'd buy it.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

One must hope that the graphic model is successful and much better than their last bird the Mustang.

• Like 2

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

10 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

This is going to come with a fully modeled avionics suite, as per the real thing?

lol

no

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

This is going to come with a fully modeled avionics suite, as per the real thing?

I'd go with a very firm probably not.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Gulfstream doesn't give out any information, do they?  Have they changed their tune as to sim versions of their airplanes?

All I remember out of Gulfstream were C&D letters (cease & desist)

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Cockspur is the new Carenado. Looks good but with very little substance and it’s cheap so you get what you pay for.  

If their talking about a G650 and 800XP I'll take my chances.😁  Looking at their Mustang these two should be good especially considering they can throw the WT G3000 in the G650.  We need some long-range Corporate Jets (it's long overdue) and if this team is taking on the challenge, they get my full support.👍

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

16 minutes ago, Mace said:

Gulfstream doesn't give out any information, do they?  Have they changed their tune as to sim versions of their airplanes?

All I remember out of Gulfstream were C&D letters (cease & desist)

When it comes to the Gulfstream avionics, we have the WT G3000 which is perfectly acceptable to me if we get a great visual and flight model. 

• Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2